Do automatic tips go directly to room stewards?

Just wondering the room steward directly gets the money if I add to my automatic tip on my account? Or is it like tiping a dealer in Vegas and everyones tips go into a pool of money and get equally divided.

I normally like to tip a little extra (on top of my $10.00 per day) and give then cash on the first day and ask them to treat us good. But how do they know that I am still tipping them on my auto-tip account? I don't want them to think that my cash tip is all they are getting.

Thanks

Just wondering the room steward directly gets the money if I add to my automatic tip on my account? Or is it like tiping a dealer in Vegas and everyones tips go into a pool of money and get equally divided.

I normally like to tip a little extra (on top of my $10.00 per day) and give then cash on the first day and ask them to treat us good. But how do they know that I am still tipping them on my auto-tip account? I don't want them to think that my cash tip is all they are getting.

Thanks

Here is the Tipping Policy from Carnivals website:

(Your steward gets your tip, they are not pooled.

They are split between steward and asst steward

Any extra cash you give them, is theirs...it does not go into a pool)

What is the tipping policy onboard?

Service Gratuities

For your convenience, we automatically charge the gratuities for dining and stateroom staff to your onboard Sail & Sign account. The total amount is $10.00 per guest, per day (our recommended guideline) as follows:

$ 3.50 Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.50 Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 1.00 Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to other kitchen and hotel service staff

For Cruises-To-Nowhere, gratuities of $10 per guest, per day must be prepaid.

Our Staff is totally committed to exceed your expectations in every way possible. If you are not satisfied with the service you receive, we encourage you to contact the Guest Services desk while onboard. This will allow us to address your concerns in a timely and appropriate fashion. At your discretion, you may adjust the gratuities at any time.

For beverage purchases, fifteen percent of the bill is automatically added to the Sail & Sign charge. Room Service staff may be tipped as service is rendered. Tipping your Maître d’ is at your discretion, based upon the service you receive.

According to Carnival your tips break down this way. $3.50 per day for Stateroom services, $5.50 per day Dining room services and $1.00 per day for Alternative services. I always give the maid service and waiters something more.Cheers!:D

If you keep the auto-tip in place, anything extra you want to give your room steward(s), either on the first or last day, is theirs to keep.

I personally have never found any significant difference in treatment if I tip up-front, or at the end...or only through auto-tips. They all work hard to do the best job they can.

Thanks

Trust me, the know. They have access to computer print-out on a daily basis. If you remove tip, they are questioned about the service they gave you by their boss..........

My daughter removed tips once thinking she would reather give cash....what a mess. The cabin stewart and the wait staff were all told of the removal and were questioned about "what they did to warrant the removal".

Leave the auto tips and hand extra cash AT THE END of the cruise. I am told they think it an insult to tip in advance as they think YOU think that they will give better service. There will be no difference. Just tell them up front what your needs are and whola!!! there they are.

Thanks

Before this gets out of hand, as it has done in the past, the tip, ALL OF THE TIP, goes directly to the person intended to recieve it.

The breakdown is as mentioned above.

:)

Archived