Gluten Free help

Craig_K

My son has just been diagnosed with Celiac Disease after we have already made and paid for our February cruise. I am trying to do as much pre-planning and information gathering as possible so we can go and enjoy in February.

I've already notified RCCL which as I understand, does make accommodations in the Main Dining room for most meals, so for that we are all set. It is all of the other food venues that I am trying to get information about, such as the soft serve ice cream by the pool, the ice cream shop, the candy store, etc. All attractive things for a teenage boy.

Does anybody have any specific experience on this ship with this? Any specific advice to make things easier? Was the staff helpful? Or were you pretty much limited to the Main Dining room for everything?

Thank you so much for anything to help make this easier for us!

You may want to look at blog's that talk about "Gluten Free" there are several. I had no problems on Carnival. They even asked if I brought my own GF mixes for bread, cookies, pancakes etc. RCCL may be the same. The first day may be a little hard but once you figure the ship out and what is and what is not GF. Let the evening dining serving crew know and they will suggest items on the menu or they may ask you the night before for the next evening meal in the formal dining area. .

Archived