San Francisco help!

blowers

I am struggling to find posts regarding San Francisco tours - just there for one day off P & O arcadia in Feb- perhaps I am looking in the wrong place? Basically I would like to go over the Golden Bridge and have a trip in a tram and see the sights -or possibly Alcatraz

Where would i find info please?

Here are some tours we have done on Grayline.

http://coachamerica.com/sanfranciscosightseeing/tours_city.cfm

The Muir Woods/Sausalito (Giant redwood trees and a beautifull town) is cool. Takes you across the bridge.

You can walk to pier 39 and catch 3 different boat tours or ferries, including Alcatraz. There are site-seeing "fake trolley" city tours there, too.

http://www.gocartours.com/sanfrancisco.html you can also travel by segway or ride a bicycle across the bridge.

if you want to go to alcatraz, reserve tickets way in advance--and go in the morning. you can leave about 2-3 hours for the whole experience--you set your own time coming back, so you can leave when ready. the boat does not leave at pier 39--but down by the ferry building. you don't need a tour for this--just a cab or muni street car to get there.

you can take a cable car up california street (from across the street from the ferry building) if you want to-- you could walk up through china town on kearny or grant ave off the cable car--then catch a bus to the golden gate bridge. or take a 1/2 tour in bus from union square to see the sights. Muir woods is at least 45 minutes north of the bridge by bus (faster in a car). you do get to walk in the massive redwoods--along a creek--flat easy walk.

there is so much to see and do--prioritize!!

if you like art--there are many many museums and a great science museum in the park and in downtown area. you could end the day with dinner out at the cliff house right on the ocean and above ocean beach...

Archived