Catamaran tours to the Pitons - Cruise line or Other - Advice please

kittenaround

Will be in St. Lucia in January - 1st time cruiser. Looking for recommendations on which tour operator to use to take a catamaran tour to the Pitons. Carnival cruise lines offers a 4 hour excursion but wondered if there were any highly recommended tour operators outside of the cruise line that we should go with instead (similar to Cosol which comes highly recommended for touring on land).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Will be in St. Lucia in January - 1st time cruiser. Looking for recommendations on which tour operator to use to take a catamaran tour to the Pitons. Carnival cruise lines offers a 4 hour excursion but wondered if there were any highly recommended tour operators outside of the cruise line that we should go with instead (similar to Cosol which comes highly recommended for touring on land).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We toured with Spenser last year and he took us to Jalousie Beach (which is the beach between the Pitons) by land. The beach is so charming that we just wanted to go to the beach only. I have found a guy (I saw his name in cruise critic) and emailed him. It is Frank's St Lucia Taxi & Tours. You can find his website under that name. He will give us a tour with a boat ride to Jalousie Beach for a 2 hour stay at the lovely beach for $55 per person. He has a website and he emails back every time I have emailed him. I looked at the Catamaran excursion offered by the cruise ship and it does not go to Jalouise Beach - you see only the Pitons in the distance. You can see a video on UTube of the catamaran excursion and it definitely does not go to Jalousie Beach.

If anyone is going on Carnival Victory leaving SJ on 1/31/10 we have booked Frank and can join us. Respond to this post and let me know and I will give you my email address or contact Frank.

Archived