Help with grand turk please

elou

Tried on there board, but no luck. Has anyone done the tour of historical homes and museum. Last time I was there,was right after the hurricane. Just wondering if it was worth it to do this tour. Not sure if it has been built up as yet. Appreciate any help.

Tried on there board, but no luck. Has anyone done the tour of historical homes and museum. Last time I was there,was right after the hurricane. Just wondering if it was worth it to do this tour. Not sure if it has been built up as yet. Appreciate any help.

We were on Grand Turk in July and though we did not take the tour reports were that not much was built up at that time. We did walk down beyond the 'ship port' and effects of the hurricane were still evident as soon as you left the area.

As of April 2009, it was still a mess. There was basically nothing there except the cruise port, the rest of the island was still torn apart.

It was still that way as of October of this year. Not much there besides the cruise terminal. I will say, however, that I found the people there to be extremely friendly and welcoming. I guess they understand that it will be the tourists that help to bring the little island back. We walked around a little village and felt completely safe. We bought some souveniers from local merchants and left a little something in the one of the church's donation box. The wild donkeys and bulls walking down the road were something to see!

Archived