Balcony cabin-Where does the 4th person sleep?

coffeecat

Hi Cruise Critics,

My brother, SIL, and their two kids (5 and 8 yo) have a BA balcony cabin booked on the GEM. The cabin is designated to sleep four people.

For these rooms, I know the couch pulls out into a bed. My SIL is a little worried that the couch bed will not be big enough for the two girls. Is there also a pulman bed?

They are just trying to decide if they should upgrade to a mini-suite (right now it's about 200$ more total for the mini) but they would rather save the money for shore trips if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Coffeecat

We sailed on the NCL Jewel in a 4 person balcony. The bid bed for the parents, they turned down the small sofa for one daughter, and pulled the other bed from the ceiling for our second daughter. I figured we'd put the older one on the sofa bed as she was 13, and put the younger one on top (she was 8). Well....no they had to take turns...and both liked the upper bed better. They said it was more comfortable...and it had it's own light, and a little pouch to put things in.

It worked out well for us, but when both girls' beds were in sleep mode, it was hard getting onto the balcony...you had to climb over the sofa bed to get out (all the while crouching so you didn't hit your head on the upper bed).

During the day, however...no problems to get onto the balcony.

I know the Gem may not be the same, but thought I'd share our experience.

Happy sailing!!!

We sailed on the NCL Jewel in a 4 person balcony. The bid bed for the parents, they turned down the small sofa for one daughter, and pulled the other bed from the ceiling for our second daughter. I figured we'd put the older one on the sofa bed as she was 13, and put the younger one on top (she was 8). Well....no they had to take turns...and both liked the upper bed better. They said it was more comfortable...and it had it's own light, and a little pouch to put things in.

It worked out well for us, but when both girls' beds were in sleep mode, it was hard getting onto the balcony...you had to climb over the sofa bed to get out (all the while crouching so you didn't hit your head on the upper bed).

During the day, however...no problems to get onto the balcony.

I know the Gem may not be the same, but thought I'd share our experience.

Happy sailing!!!

Thanks! I was hoping to find out exactly this-if there was an extra bed, in addition to the sofa, tucked away somewhere. I think they will be very happy with this room-it sounds great!

Coffeecat

Archived