Flightseeing in Skagway

tiggerman101

I am cruising Alaska in late May and am currently stuck in the planning phase. I would love to do a flightseeing tour of Glacier Bay since our cruise does not go there. I am looking at options out of Skagway since we are in port all day there. I have come across two companies and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experiences with either of them. I am looking st doing a West End Glacier Bay flightseeing tour on both of them. The two companies are Drake and Klondike. They both provide 1.5 hour flights out of Skagway and they are both priced at $250 pp. Klondike does have an option of a 30 minute glacier landing for an additional $75 pp.

Any thoughts on these companies or the idea in general? I didn't come up with much using the search function.

I am cruising Alaska in late May and am currently stuck in the planning phase. I would love to do a flightseeing tour of Glacier Bay since our cruise does not go there. I am looking at options out of Skagway since we are in port all day there. I have come across two companies and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experiences with either of them. I am looking st doing a West End Glacier Bay flightseeing tour on both of them. The two companies are Drake and Klondike. They both provide 1.5 hour flights out of Skagway and they are both priced at $250 pp. Klondike does have an option of a 30 minute glacier landing for an additional $75 pp.

Any thoughts on these companies or the idea in general? I didn't come up with much using the search function.

Figured I'd tell you what i know since no one responded lol

My wife and I are planning to go with this group http://www.glacierbayflightseeing.com/glacierbayflightseeing.asp when were in skagway. I think this is actually the flight company shown on klondike not positive though. Were going for the glacier landing too hopefully. I have done some research on this and they appear to be very good!

I flew with Mountain Flying Service in 200, which is the one referenced by the last poster. It was great; I highly recommend them.

They were very accomodating and even refunded my wife's fare when she wasn't able to fly that day.

Alan

Archived