Monkey forest in Bali

suexxx

Yes we have been there but take off your glasses lol

They will steal anything!

A few years ago now but,

I actually got a clip on Funniest home videos when one almost bit Tracey in the neck:eek:

Funny on video but they have got very big teeth and the adults can beat the babies up a bit to get the food from you because everyone wants to feed the baby ones.

They just run up you and sit on your shoulder and demand food! They can get very upset when you run out and are prone to biting some people:D

If bitten it could cost you a fortune in rabies medication:eek:

Tracey would never go again but its quite good to see.

They don't bite many people only some who tease them with food!:D

Den

Hi Suexxx

We've been to the Monkey Forest a few times now, and had no dramas at all. Have seen some people tease them and the monkeys do get agro. Last time we were there, some of the monkeys were playing in this little pond, it was so cute. On one visit my sister had her shorts pulled down by a few who were trying to get at the food in her pocket, and my hubby ended up with one on his head. Very entertaining.

I would just suggest take off jewellery and sunglasses to be safe.

The forest is walking distance from the main shopping/eating areas in Ubud. I'd say if you are in the area, it's worth a look.

Hi all. Has anyone been to the Monkey Forest in UBUD in Bali. Have been told it is a good place. Will look up UBUD and see where it is. Suexxx

Hi Sue

I've been travelling to Bali since 1979 :D I've been there many many times, in fact I was last there in July 2009. I would avoid the Monkey Forest. There is a rabies epidemic and I would avoid all animals that might bite including monkeys and dogs. The government have not been able to get it under control. As cute as they are....my advice is to keep away from all furry critters. If you do get bitten, you'll need a rabies shot regardless, and they're light on in that department too.....it's just not worth the risk.

If you want to see animals I'd check out the Bali Safari and Marine Park :D

Stay away from the Monkey Forest. They are very aggressive- not the cuddly furry things they appear to be.

Rabies Vaccine is not available at the moment in Bali - if you are bitten you will need the vaccine immediately.

Rabies is not confined to dogs and cats.

Symptoms do not appear for 3 months and by then it is too late.

Also avoid Uluwati Temple for the same reasons.

The Safari Park is excellent. You will see all the animals in a "natural" habitant.

They seem pretty happy and are reproducing so something is working.

Try to get there as early as possible - 9.30 am is the first bus from reception at the park.

Archived