Progresso, Belize questions

RFA

A few friends and I are going on the Elaiton 2/20. I was wondering if anyone knows of any local/small beach bars that we could hang out at for the day while we're there in Belize and Progresso, especially with cheaper beer and drinks at them! Also, any help in getting direction there would be great also! Thanks a lot!

Ben Bradley

Jubilee 7/91

Sensation 1/2002

Holiday 2/2003

Victory 2/2004

Triumph 2/2004

Elation 4/2005

A few friends and I are going on the Elaiton 2/20. I was wondering if anyone knows of any local/small beach bars that we could hang out at for the day while we're there in Belize and Progresso, especially with cheaper beer and drinks at them! Also, any help in getting direction there would be great also! Thanks a lot!

I would avoid hanging out in a bar in Belize. Just my 2 cents. eek.gif

Progresso looks very nice.

Just outside the fence, to the left of the terminal in Belize, is a little bar named "The Wet Lizzard" that had a good view and cheap beer the last time I was there.

In Progresso there are lots of beach side bars two blocks away from the little shoping square where the bus lets you off when you get off the ship. On the way down to the beach area there was a place where we got 3 beers, 3 lanyards to hang the beer on, two straw cowboy hats and two temp tatoos, all for $3. The Corona girls were dancing out front of the place.

Concerning Progreso: Take the shuttle to the Progreso and go to the beach. Their are a number of mom and pop restaurant and bars on the beach friont and places to rent cabanas.

Concerning Belize: the only way to get to a beach is to go on an excursion or take a water taxi to one of the islands. There are no beaches in Belize City and only are few bars near the Visitors Center worth going to. Good Luck.

Dave

I've never been but read a lot of great reviews on the Wet Lizard in Belize. I walked past it and it looked like everyone was having a good time. I heard the food was good too. Do a search with Wet Lizard on the Belize board.

Just outside the fence, to the left of the terminal in Belize, is a little bar named "The Wet Lizzard" that had a good view and cheap beer the last time I was there.

In Progresso there are lots of beach side bars two blocks away from the little shoping square where the bus lets you off when you get off the ship. On the way down to the beach area there was a place where we got 3 beers, 3 lanyards to hang the beer on, two straw cowboy hats and two temp tatoos, all for $3. The Corona girls were dancing out front of the place.[/quotec

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Thannks for the info!

We just arrived back from the Elation. We went to the bars by the beach but also if you want to enjoy before going back to the ship there is Mr. Sols bar which is in the shopping area right outside ship (before taking the bus into town). They had great frozen drinks and free shots! They were very smooth flavored tequilas. You can have fun and still get back to the ship (weaving of course! ha ha!).

In Belize I believe the bar everyone was enjoying was The Wet Lizzard(sp?) It seemed to be the place to go.

Thanks for the tips guys!! This is awsome, I'd never posted on this board before and overnight we've got some great tips!

The Wet Lizzard sounds great, and Progresso sounds even better! Hopefully we'll be able to find the place with the Corona deals, but it sounds like that won't be much of a problem!

Thanks again, and if anyone's got any more info, keep it coming!!

I've just gotta wait 5 weeks to sail now!

I agree with the Wet Lizard idea. We were in Belize last year and went into the bar/restaurant. We bought several tshirts. They're very funny. I would not recommend leaving the enclosed "mall" near the pier without a guide. The Wet Lizard is within the "mall" area so it is ok.

Ben Bradley

Jubilee 7/91

Sensation 1/2002

Holiday 2/2003

Victory 2/2004

Triumph 2/2004

Elation 4/2005

In progresso just off the beach there is a corona bar that you can by corona's with a holder for $1...it rocked!

In Belize, didn't make it to the beach there but there are some bars along the pier where you get off the boat---it's averaged priced though

Archived