Spencer Ambrose

kittenaround

My family and I were lucky enough to book with Spencer and it was a day we will never forget. We were on the Millennium at the end of January 2010.

Spencer is the most amazing man with the most amazing life. He treated us like we were part of his family and even took the time to make some phone calls and arranged for he and I to meet a local merchant of music. I love reggae and I wanted to hear what the vibe was like on St. Lucia and Spencer made that happen for me...thank you Spencer!

He knows everyone on the island or they know him :) He kept our bellies full with delicious food and had a stocked cooler with all sorts of beverages.

It looks like Spencer is just beginning to work on his Facebook page but check out his website in the mean time: http://www.spencerambrosetours.com

:)

My family and I were lucky enough to book with Spencer and it was a day we will never forget. We were on the Millennium at the end of January 2010.

Spencer is the most amazing man with the most amazing life. He treated us like we were part of his family and even took the time to make some phone calls and arranged for he and I to meet a local merchant of music. I love reggae and I wanted to hear what the vibe was like on St. Lucia and Spencer made that happen for me...thank you Spencer!

He knows everyone on the island or they know him :) He kept our bellies full with delicious food and had a stocked cooler with all sorts of beverages.

It looks like Spencer is just beginning to work on his Facebook page but check out his website in the mean time: www.spencerambrosetours.com

:)

We are booked with him in a few weeks. Glad to read the excellent review!

We have toured with Spencer twice in the past year. Both times his brother Small was our guide. Last month we booked a private tour for our family that included a stop at a local primary school. We also requested to have our teenage sons play soccer with some of the local kids. Spencer and Small had originally had 4-5 players lined up. By the time the game was over we had 10-12 local kids playing soccer with our kids. It was a lot of fun and an opportunity for our boys to interact with the local island boys. We ended up snorkeling at Jalouise Beach.

Spencer and Small do a fantastic job. We have gotten to know Small very well and we look forward to spending time with them again when we have a chance to visit their lovely Island.

We highly recommend Spencer and his family for a great island experience in St. Lucia.

Yes. We picked up lunch on our way to Jalouise and had lunch on the beach and about an hour or little over an hour to snorkel. I took some pictures with an underwater camera, still haven't gotten them developed.

did you go to jalouise beach?

Vegasbean...Do you feel the hour or so was plenty of time for snorkeling? Also, did you take a water taxi back to the ship or drive back? Did you do the "West Coast Island Delight" tour and did you feel you had plenty of time at stops. M&D love to snorkel and we want plenty of time of actual snorkel time. Anything else you can think of to give us a "heads up" is appreciated.

Oh yes, what type of water camera do you have and are you pleased with it? Would love to have one but nothing complicated or expensive - preferably not over $300. Thanks!

vicki

Wondering if anyone chose to take the water taxi back to the port rather than drive with him in the van? It costs a little more. It would be worth it to us if it we get more beach time. Not sure how it works.

4 Cruis'n - Daughter and I (girls get away) are doing Spencer's "Island Delight Tour" on Tue., March 16. We too want to take the water taxi ride back to the ship opposed to driving back so we have more beach/snorkel time. If we can get a total of four people or more, the water taxi would be $30/person. I've been in communication with Spencer and he's been great to work with and he's trying really hard to accommodate us. Are you wanting and willing to commit to the water taxi? Once I get some feedback (hopefully) from you we can work out details and I will then be in touch with Spencer and you can do the same. Really wanting to get this thing figured out as soon as I can. I really don't want to do the drive back but if we have to then guess we have to. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
We toured with Spencer in July and had an excellent tour with him. He is a fantastic tour guide and you would not be disappointed booking with him.

I wrote a detailed review describing our tour in another thread in this forum. It has lots of photos and will give you a good idea what to expect on his tour. If it is of interest to you, you can read my review by clicking on the link below and then scrolling down to post #160.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=718495&page=8

For those of you who would like to see more photos and video clips of our excursion with Spencer Ambrose Tours. . .now you can! I have completed a YouTube video of our West Coast Island Delight Tour in St. Lucia. Enjoy!

Carnival Victory—Our Day in St. Lucia with Spencer Ambrose Tours, July 9, 2009

Our fourth port stop took us to the beautiful and lush island of St. Lucia. We booked the West Coast Island Delight Tour with Spencer Ambrose Tours. We saw the fishing villages of Anse La Raye and Canaries, visited a Banana Plantation, cooled off in the Toraille Waterfalls, walked through the Botanical Garden, smelled the pungent odor of sulfur at Sulphur Springs and went swimming at the breathtaking Jalousie Beach nestled between the majestic Pitons. Length: 5:53

Archived