HELP Getting Married "Oasis of the Seas"

tmbrown86

I am a little worried.:( My Fiance and I am getting married on the Oasis of the Seas June 26, 2010. It is going to be an onboard wedding at Fort Lauderdale before the ship leaves. I have been hearing bad things about Royal Carribean weddings and am thinking about changing to something else because I don't want to be disappointed on my wedding day. Is there anyone that was recently married on Freedom of the seas I know this is the most recent boat before Oasis of the Seas. I am hoping since this a new boat they may have things more together. I would also like to hear from anyone that had a wedding the first day of the cruise. Hope to hear back from someone.:)

hi there! my fiancee and I are getting married on the Oasis on June 5, 2010!!! we are a little leary about what we have been hearing as well, and have had a heck of a time with royal romance, but we are staying positive and looking forward to a great experience. I'm not much of a bridezilla (LOL), so as long as they get us married, I suppose I'll be pretty happy!!! Good luck to you and keep me posted on how things are going and i'll do the same if you'd like :)

Congrats!!

All the cruise lines use the same company, it's subcontracted out. So no matter which cruise line you decide to use, it's the same gig, just a different name. Go with the cruise line you want to sail on. It's a catch 22 on if you will have good WC's or not from what I've read.

We where married at port so we went through our own WC on the island. How you want to handle your wedding is up to you. It goes by so fast unless there's a major mishap you more then likely won't even notice!

Thank you so much for your reply. It is really funny because my fiance and I saw your post before posting my question and really made us want to go with royal carribean. Your pics were beautiful. Congratulations and I hope to have the same experience as you did.

All the cruise lines use the same company, it's subcontracted out. So no matter which cruise line you decide to use, it's the same gig, just a different name. Go with the cruise line you want to sail on. It's a catch 22 on if you will have good WC's or not from what I've read.

We where married at port so we went through our own WC on the island. How you want to handle your wedding is up to you. It goes by so fast unless there's a major mishap you more then likely won't even notice!

Thank You Kathy for your advice. Congratulations on your wedding. I am feeling better about this now. I know it will turn out ok and yuo right sometimes when you are moving around so fast, you don't even know what's going on.

Tiffani

hi there! my fiancee and I are getting married on the Oasis on June 5, 2010!!! we are a little leary about what we have been hearing as well, and have had a heck of a time with royal romance, but we are staying positive and looking forward to a great experience. I'm not much of a bridezilla (LOL), so as long as they get us married, I suppose I'll be pretty happy!!! Good luck to you and keep me posted on how things are going and i'll do the same if you'd like :)

Congrats!!

Thanks for your reply Livvys. Congrats. So excited for you getting married on the same ship. Definitely keep in touch with me and send some pics once you get married. I will let you know if I find out anything you may want to know.

Tiffani

Have you booked your wedding with royal romance yet? Our is booked (i think! ha!)...I need to book the reception yet, but was waiting to have a better idea of numbers--I think I am going to just book it for 25 and then add on from there. I have been working with Hailee who is nice on the phone, but not good at all about answering back emails, etc.....How many people are you planning on having? I want to keep my numbers below 50, it's so hard!

Have you given any thought to where you are going to get your hair and makeup done? I just realized yesterday that I need to figure that out, lol. If I have to be at the port by 1030 am, I am gonna have to get it done somewhere super early!!!

Good luck with your planning!!!

Olivia :)

• 3 weeks later...
Have you booked your wedding with royal romance yet? Our is booked (i think! ha!)...I need to book the reception yet, but was waiting to have a better idea of numbers--I think I am going to just book it for 25 and then add on from there. I have been working with Hailee who is nice on the phone, but not good at all about answering back emails, etc.....How many people are you planning on having? I want to keep my numbers below 50, it's so hard!

Have you given any thought to where you are going to get your hair and makeup done? I just realized yesterday that I need to figure that out, lol. If I have to be at the port by 1030 am, I am gonna have to get it done somewhere super early!!!

Good luck with your planning!!!

Yes we have booked our royal romance. We just booked our reception this past Monday and we have set our guest estimate at 43 but I am also trying to keep it under 50 (But I really don't see this happening). I am going to get some make-up Lessons here at home and do my own make-up on the boat. I am going to have one of my bridesmaid do my hair. I did think finding someone in Florida but am kind of weiry about this. I was really stressed about this as well. Thanks for the advice.

Tiffani :)

Yes we have booked our royal romance. We just booked our reception this past Monday and we have set our guest estimate at 43 but I am also trying to keep it under 50 (But I really don't see this happening). I am going to get some make-up Lessons here at home and do my own make-up on the boat. I am going to have one of my bridesmaid do my hair. I did think finding someone in Florida but am kind of weiry about this. I was really stressed about this as well. Thanks for the advice.

Tiffani :)

Tiffani...

I'll keep u posted on hair and makeup if u would like...since I only live 1.5 hours from port it will be fairly easy for me to try out some places. If what I use works out, you would have somewhere to trust and can try to book last min if you end up being stressed about doing it yourself. I'm gonna play around on my own too just in case they don't show or something lol. Our guest list is now at 55 people-- we paid for 40 so far lol. I hope to get it under the 50 so we don't have to pay the extra coord. Lacey is my new best friend at Royal Romance lol-- she's awesome if you ever need anything, ask for her! I can send you her extension if you'd like :)

are you ordering flowers through them or doing silk? I have a couple flower people if you need help with that...

Thanks for keeping in touch!!! It's sooo exciting!

Tiffani...

I'll keep u posted on hair and makeup if u would like...since I only live 1.5 hours from port it will be fairly easy for me to try out some places. If what I use works out, you would have somewhere to trust and can try to book last min if you end up being stressed about doing it yourself. I'm gonna play around on my own too just in case they don't show or something lol. Our guest list is now at 55 people-- we paid for 40 so far lol. I hope to get it under the 50 so we don't have to pay the extra coord. Lacey is my new best friend at Royal Romance lol-- she's awesome if you ever need anything, ask for her! I can send you her extension if you'd like :)

are you ordering flowers through them or doing silk? I have a couple flower people if you need help with that...

Thanks for keeping in touch!!! It's sooo exciting!

Hi Olivia,

I just remembered that one of my bridemaids went to hair shool so I am ok with that part. I know I am going to need help with the make-up thing, so any help or advice you can give will be greatly appreciated. My wedding count is now at about 63. I just want to scream because I wasn't expecting so many people. Now I have to add one more coordinator to the wedding. The cost just keeps piling up. And yes i would love to have Lacy's extension. I really don't like the idea of talking to more than one person so if I can keep it to one coordinator that will be awesome.

I don't if I asked already, but are you getting a DJ and if so how long are you going to keep him doing the reception. I was thinking about 2 hours but that is a little expensive for me.

My flowes are going to be silk. I wish I could get real flowers but I know it would such a headache. My aunt is making those for me. Thanks for the advice. I will talk to you soon.

Hi Olivia,

I just remembered that one of my bridemaids went to hair shool so I am ok with that part. I know I am going to need help with the make-up thing, so any help or advice you can give will be greatly appreciated. My wedding count is now at about 63. I just want to scream because I wasn't expecting so many people. Now I have to add one more coordinator to the wedding. The cost just keeps piling up. And yes i would love to have Lacy's extension. I really don't like the idea of talking to more than one person so if I can keep it to one coordinator that will be awesome.

I don't if I asked already, but are you getting a DJ and if so how long are you going to keep him doing the reception. I was thinking about 2 hours but that is a little expensive for me.

My flowes are going to be silk. I wish I could get real flowers but I know it would such a headache. My aunt is making those for me. Thanks for the advice. I will talk to you soon.

Hi there!

Lacey's extension is 21603. she generally works 1030a-7pm....I had really bad luck with tanya and hailee, so I've been contacting her direct. She helped me with a payment plan, etc...She let me pay for half my estimated guest count, just to reserve the reception and let me pay the rest a few weeks later. Right now our count is around 55, lol....we originally said 25, then paid for 40, now unless a bunch of people decline we are going to be paying for additional coord's, etc...We didn't sign up for the DJ...I figure we are going to have a play list ready and bring an ipod and bose docking station, so we can at least have our first dance and a few others :) Not sure if they technically "allow" that, but we're sure going to try! he he.

I haven't had any hair/makeup luck yet, but am going to be getting on that soon! When are you going to send out your official invites and how much time are you going to give them to rsvp? I kind of wanted to send out my invites soon (sent out save the dates a couple weeks ago) and have them rsvp by the beginning of april (our wedding is june 5). I dont want to be waiting until the last min to get all my drivers license info, etc in...plus, this is terrible, but we have back up people we would like to ask if people say they aren't coming, LOL.

I was talking to another girl on here who is going to do the site visit--I think you can find the thread under the "are there any 2010 brides out there?". She is going to do the site visit in feb, looking forward to seeing if she has any good advice afterwards.

keep me posted and if I come up with any great makeup artists that are reasonable, i'll let you know! Take care!

Happy Planning,

Hi there!

Lacey's extension is 21603. she generally works 1030a-7pm....I had really bad luck with tanya and hailee, so I've been contacting her direct. She helped me with a payment plan, etc...She let me pay for half my estimated guest count, just to reserve the reception and let me pay the rest a few weeks later. Right now our count is around 55, lol....we originally said 25, then paid for 40, now unless a bunch of people decline we are going to be paying for additional coord's, etc...We didn't sign up for the DJ...I figure we are going to have a play list ready and bring an ipod and bose docking station, so we can at least have our first dance and a few others :) Not sure if they technically "allow" that, but we're sure going to try! he he.

I haven't had any hair/makeup luck yet, but am going to be getting on that soon! When are you going to send out your official invites and how much time are you going to give them to rsvp? I kind of wanted to send out my invites soon (sent out save the dates a couple weeks ago) and have them rsvp by the beginning of april (our wedding is june 5). I dont want to be waiting until the last min to get all my drivers license info, etc in...plus, this is terrible, but we have back up people we would like to ask if people say they aren't coming, LOL.

I was talking to another girl on here who is going to do the site visit--I think you can find the thread under the "are there any 2010 brides out there?". She is going to do the site visit in feb, looking forward to seeing if she has any good advice afterwards.

keep me posted and if I come up with any great makeup artists that are reasonable, i'll let you know! Take care!

Happy Planning,

Hey Olivia,

Thank you for Lacey's extension, I can't wait to get in contact with her. I am actually sending out my invitations by next Friday and having them RSVP by March 15. I think this will be enough time since everyone knows about the wedding. It's just going to be a confirmation of who's really coming. I totally understand about the guess too. I am kinda nervous because I am thinking what if some people don't show then it will be a waste of money. But I guess that's the chance you take when planning a wedding. The Ipod and BOSE docking system is a good idea. I can go out and buy one and still have money left over compared to what the DJ costs. Thank You for that advice. Talk to you Soon.

Thanks so much for the tips girls! I am getting married on Majesty of the Seas on April 30th in the port of miami. I am thinking about bringing an ipod as well instead of the DJ. It is just too expensive for 2 hrs!!

Is there any one out there that has used an ipod for a wedding reception on royal caribbean?? I'm sure myself and a few others would like to know!! :)

Hi there!

Happy Planning,

Hi Olivia,

I received a call today from Hailee. It was so weird because I was about to call Lacey and have her help me coordinate my plans. I thought about what you told me about two other coordinators but I couldn't remember who they were. I was surprised because the person that helped book my wedding was no longer there. It took them almost 6 months to contact me and tell me this:confused:. I was asking Hailee about the Ipod and she told me that some of the Large rooms are wired so I should be able to set my ipod up. But she didn't seem to sure. I am going to see if I can have someone tell me which room is wired for the ipod because I don't want to get there and I don't have any music. I am going to give Lacey a call and talk with her about the wedding. Just wanted to share some info.

Chat with you soon:)

Tiffani

I'm definitely following this thread! I've only been dealing with Royal Romance for a couple weeks and it's already been stressful. Tania "put me on hold" but forgot I was on "hold" for almost ten minutes, and I could hear EVERYTHING she was saying to her coworker. She didn't even realize I was there until she kept trying to dial out and I had to say "hello? I'm still here." I'm not the bridezilla type at all but dealing with this group might bring it out in me :rolleyes: I'm definitely going to have to give Lacey a call because they never even confirmed they got my payment. I had to call them (I always get in touch with Tania too, I don't know if it's bad luck or she just answers the phone most of the time) and verify they got my payment after they never responded to my email. I'm just worried about all the marriage licensing going through okay if they're this oblivious already. I'll just follow the advice I've read on here so far about dealing with them and just try to stay organized and on top of everything. I'm doing a cruise wedding to alleviate a lot of the stress a traditional wedding would have and just enjoy the day and celebrate, so no matter what happens I'm determined to have a great time :)

I'm definitely following this thread! I've only been dealing with Royal Romance for a couple weeks and it's already been stressful. Tania "put me on hold" but forgot I was on "hold" for almost ten minutes, and I could hear EVERYTHING she was saying to her coworker. She didn't even realize I was there until she kept trying to dial out and I had to say "hello? I'm still here." I'm not the bridezilla type at all but dealing with this group might bring it out in me :rolleyes: I'm definitely going to have to give Lacey a call because they never even confirmed they got my payment. I had to call them (I always get in touch with Tania too, I don't know if it's bad luck or she just answers the phone most of the time) and verify they got my payment after they never responded to my email. I'm just worried about all the marriage licensing going through okay if they're this oblivious already. I'll just follow the advice I've read on here so far about dealing with them and just try to stay organized and on top of everything. I'm doing a cruise wedding to alleviate a lot of the stress a traditional wedding would have and just enjoy the day and celebrate, so no matter what happens I'm determined to have a great time :)

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I feel the same way you do right now. I wanted to do the wedding cruise just to relieve some of the pressure of a normal wedding. The cost was also great to me. I have a big family and I already have about 60 people coming in the wedding cruise. I can't imagine having one at home. I figure I am going to have to stay on top of these coordinators, especially since I've read bad things on them in the past. Hopefully this being a new ship and them getting complaints they have approved their service. I will keep you posted on updates. Which ship are you getting married?

I'm getting married on Freedom of the Seas :) It looks like you're getting married a couple months after me so I'll make sure to come back and post pictures (even though it's a different ship I'm sure there are similarities) and let you know how everything went the day of.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! sorry I haven't been on here for a while, I'm just catching up on posts now!!! Hope everyone's planning is going well...

I used hailee a couple times at royal romance, but she was a little flaky at times too...I'm sticking with Lacey--for now..LOL...

How's everyone's planning going? I am anxiously awaiting rsvp cards to come back..I have a few people I would like to invite, but waiting for the no's to come in....it's sort of frustrating waiting!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone and best wishes to all of you.

I have been on the boards basically screaming stay away from Royal Romance (The Wedding Experience) due to the nightmares I went through. I don't want to discourage all of you and I hope none of you go through what I did. I had one major problem at the beginning of my planning and I think that just set me off from that point on as far as the planning stages...

I did run into a few snags the day of the wedding. Not that any of my guests knew were problems though, they thought everything was wonderful.

I didn't get married on FOS or Oasis, I was on Independence. They all use the same people so the fact they are newer ships isn't going to make that much of a difference,

Now all that being said here is some advice....

As for the iPod and the wiring of the room, I wouldnt count on them to let you know if it is wired or not. Bring the system and hope it is loud enough, another thought is to bring a few premade CDs too(they do have a boombox not the loudest but ask that it be there just in case)

Have your detailed receipt printed in maybe have your mom hold it or put it in your fiance's pocket. ( you will receive this after all plans are finalized and paid, about 2 weeks before the wedding)

One of my problems were they said I did not pay for the open bar when in fact I had and I am still fighting with them for a refund. If you have the receipt you can show it to them... wish I had mine then!!

If you are getting a cake from an outside baker (through RR) be cautious. They told me since I was getting married in FL this was the only port they can out source cakes from yadda yadda. I ordered a gorgeous custom cake through their baker only to have them call me 5 days before the wedding and tell me the health dept is not allowing them to out source now, that I would have to pay more for a plain fondant cake.

As for party favors and any other added things you would like such as cake toppers, isle runners, champagne flutes, etc. I didn't go with the people/company they recommended. I found places on line that offered better options with better prices. One of the things my guests like the most was the personalized chocolate bars I got from Baby-Bar their designer was the best and they will mix and match or create your own designs.

Every bride (and most grooms LOL) want the perfect wedding day! I did too, but remember, regardless if it is perfect or a few snags along the way the important thing to remember is you are going to be spending your life with the one you love and celebrate that!

If I can answer anything else for you or help in anyway drop a post and I will check back

Again Best of luck to all of you and congrats :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone and best wishes to all of you.

I have been on the boards basically screaming stay away from Royal Romance (The Wedding Experience) due to the nightmares I went through. I don't want to discourage all of you and I hope none of you go through what I did. I had one major problem at the beginning of my planning and I think that just set me off from that point on as far as the planning stages...

I did run into a few snags the day of the wedding. Not that any of my guests knew were problems though, they thought everything was wonderful.

I didn't get married on FOS or Oasis, I was on Independence. They all use the same people so the fact they are newer ships isn't going to make that much of a difference,

Now all that being said here is some advice....

As for the iPod and the wiring of the room, I wouldnt count on them to let you know if it is wired or not. Bring the system and hope it is loud enough, another thought is to bring a few premade CDs too(they do have a boombox not the loudest but ask that it be there just in case)

Have your detailed receipt printed in maybe have your mom hold it or put it in your fiance's pocket. ( you will receive this after all plans are finalized and paid, about 2 weeks before the wedding)

One of my problems were they said I did not pay for the open bar when in fact I had and I am still fighting with them for a refund. If you have the receipt you can show it to them... wish I had mine then!!

If you are getting a cake from an outside baker (through RR) be cautious. They told me since I was getting married in FL this was the only port they can out source cakes from yadda yadda. I ordered a gorgeous custom cake through their baker only to have them call me 5 days before the wedding and tell me the health dept is not allowing them to out source now, that I would have to pay more for a plain fondant cake.

As for party favors and any other added things you would like such as cake toppers, isle runners, champagne flutes, etc. I didn't go with the people/company they recommended. I found places on line that offered better options with better prices. One of the things my guests like the most was the personalized chocolate bars I got from Baby-Bar their designer was the best and they will mix and match or create your own designs.

Every bride (and most grooms LOL) want the perfect wedding day! I did too, but remember, regardless if it is perfect or a few snags along the way the important thing to remember is you are going to be spending your life with the one you love and celebrate that!

If I can answer anything else for you or help in anyway drop a post and I will check back

Again Best of luck to all of you and congrats :)

Thank you so much for your post. I was really worried about the ipod thing so I am thinking about bringing a boom box that is suppose to have really good sound. I was worried about alot of other things, but like you said just know there are going to be a few snags on this day. It was a good idea that you mentioned the receipt. I will make sure to bring that with me and leave it with my mother. I'm sorry that some things were not right on your day.

I did have one question. I was going to use a videography for my wedding but decided not too. Did you use one for your wedding? If so how was the quality of it? Was it worth the money?

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon. Tiff

hi there....

Thanks for the message about your experience with royal romance....I was sooo worried when my fiancee and I did research about this company, but we decided to take the plunge anyway and book....there's always been that little nagging feeling in the backs of our minds about it, but we are hoping it all comes together!!! At least we aren't going in with huge expectations (that's a shame, but reality!) and we appreciate all your tips. The receipt thing is a great idea...I don't know if we would have brought that or not...it's in my wedding book, but i didn't really plan on carrying that big binder onboard....phew...thanks for that!

I am still waiting on the silk flowers--sample is in the mail finally...hoping they look good and can get them here in time for june 5th! She assures me that's the case, lol...at least it's not through royal romance, so i have half a chance!

we haven't decided on favors yet...our guest list is at 47 right now (none of which are sailing). can't decide what to get and if we should get one of whatever it is per person or couple... saw some really cute cruise ship shaped luggage tags online, but not sure if we'll do that or not.... I cannot believe its only 2 months away....agggh! :)

Tiff--

did you ever go on the ship inspection? was wondering how that turned out....

opps....sorry, i think I am confused....maybe that was someone else who was going on the inspection...

Olivia

I am not sure if you picked out any favors or not yet, just thought I would share some things I have read. Wish i could find the thread it was awhile back.

Anyway...

People were basically saying that most people don't generally keep the favors when it is luggage tags, hand towels little trinkets that have the bride and grooms name and wedding date on them. They aren't really practical for the guests. Not trying to discourage you.

The suggestions that were listed were

personalized M&Ms

personalized Candy Bars or chocolates

Little personalized suit cases filled with jelly beans and other assorted candies

personalized mints

personalized Coffee

personalized Shot Glasses (this fell in between people liking them and people not taking them home)

Key Chains were another ify item people talked about

Basically what it came down to was things they could eat and / or keep the wrapper or container from made a better impression

Best Wishes

Archived