Belize cave tubing for small kids

dits5

Hi! We are heading to Belize soon and really want to do the cave-tubing, however some companies require the children be 48 inches or taller. Do you know any company that would for sure accomodate a 5 year old who is about 44 inches?

Thank you!;)

Can't answer your question about height requirement, but my advise would be to book with one of the companies that does the cave-tubing in a "chain" (tubes linked together). That way, your little one will be safely nestled between other tubers, and in no danger of floating away from your side.

I have a 5 year old who is very big for her age and is a good swimmer so I thought cave tubing might be fun for her. I found one company offering a special cave tubing excursion for kids under the age of 8. (Belizecruiseexcursions dot com)They say they have special child size equipment for the kids. Most of the companies say that they start at 10. In the end we decided to do something else because there is no way my mother would be able to do it but it looked like a good option. I would contact them and ask about the minimum height/weight requirements. Have a great trip.

Hey Dits5, I have no advice, but hope that you have a great time. Maybe you could contact the agency that you were originally planning on going with and see how strict they are on the height, seeing as your 5 year old is so close to the height restriction.

We went tubing with Vitalino of cavetubing.bz the first week of November 2009.

My youngest is 5, and she did fine with the tubing. The youngest in our party was a 4 year old. Essentially, the kids get their own life vests... no more than 8 people per guide was the new gov't guidelines which were imposed after the drowning last year (or the year before or something)... so we were in a group with 4 adults and 4 kids tied next to each of the adults.

11434_1246172483589_1507726387_30674450_5809569_n.jpg

11434_1246172883599_1507726387_30674460_1230704_n.jpg

The "kid sized" equipment, as you can see, is smaller tubes and a kid's sized life vest.

From what I've been reading on CC, though... more restrictions are being imposed for the safety of the tourists... so definitely check.

When my wife booked through cavetubing.bz, the owner, Vitalino, was very prompt in returning e-mails and answering questions. I think a lot of the private tour companies you see frequently mentioned on CC will promptly answer your questions.

I have contacted cavetubing.bz becuase I am unsure if my daugher can do this or not. She is currently 47" tall, and I heard there was a new minumum height requirement of 48".

In the meantime, how was the timing for your tour with cavetubing.bz? I normally have no issues going with independent tours, but I am more nervous about it for Belize with the tender.

My dh and oldest daughter plan to do a ship's tour to Lamanai. Just not sure what my youngest daughter and I will do!

The timing with Cavetubing.bz was uneventful... we got back to the ship with an hour and a half to spare.

We were with our family, and another couple from the ship (Carnival Legend)... the other couple didn't want to stop for the lunch offered by cavetubing.bz... $5, a dish of chicken w/ rice and beans.

We were kinda hungry, so the guide (Vitalino Jr) stopped at the little shack thing they own and got us some food "to go", and we ate on the way back to the ship. I have to admit... the food was pretty good. Simple, but good... even in the styrofoam container.

I don't feel that we missed much at port... Belize City didn't look family friendly, and the port shops were doable in a short amount of time. It doesn't strike me as a "shopping" port.

I just posted my thoughts from my trip last year with cave-tubing.com and while I don't know their age/height requirements, I and my family felt very safe throughout the entire trip. Intertubes are kept "chained" together for the entire tubing portion of the trip. Our group was < 20 people large and one family did have small children (they walked a bit slower so we had to wait for them several times on the walk in, no problem). I think we had at least 3 guides with us, one in the front, one in the middle and one in the back of the group.

Archived