Cozumel Sailing

connera3

Has anyone done an excursion with Cozumel Sailing? The reviews on TA are great and they have been very easy to work with over email. Just wondering what your thoughts are. Also, we are looking for some people to join us on Feb 3. So far, it is only 4 of us and I think we need 8.

Thanks!

Hi,

Our group did the Toucan Sail last year while vacationing in Cozumel and had a blast! We're sailing on Carnival Glory next week and have already booked with them again for our Cozumel day. We had cruise ship passengers with us last year, so they will combine groups if you don't have enough people.

• 1 month later...

We went out on the Tucan on 2/6/10. I had been in contact with Dan for a few months before. I appreciated his quick replies and honesty. He orginally didn't know if he would be able to take our party of 5 out if he did not get more interest. I found another company who said they could accommodate us and then last minute they backed out. So I contacted Dan again and he said he had another couple interested. He stressed to us that depending on the weather we may or may not be able to go. I totally understood and he even offered to help us find an alternative if things didn't work out. I was very impressed.

From the moment we walked in their office they felt like family. Dan was there to explain what to expect and we met his friendly parents. Besides myself, my 84 year old mother, sister and 10 year old twins were on the catamaran with another very nice couple. Seven people on a catamaran with Jorge, Juan, and Jamie (the crew). Talk about personal service!

The crew was amazing! Juan was the captain. He cooked the amazing lunch we enjoyed. He even let my son steer the vessel. The chips, salsa, and guacamole were delicious. Jorge was so friendly. We really enjoyed talking to him. When we went out to snorkel he made sure we were doing okay. Jamie was a fun guy. He always made sure we had our drink glasses full. We enjoyed the rum punch, daiquiris, and pina coladas. They even made virgin ones for my boys. After we snorkeled we went to a private beach. They take you on a small inflatable boat. My mother was not going to go but Jamie insisted. He said her vacation would not be complete if she did not go. He said him and Jorge would pick her up and carry her to the beach. That was such a sweet gesture and my mother loved it!

My sister asked where they go when they want to go on vacation or relax. Jorge said every day is a vacation for him when he can be on the catamaran enjoying himself. It truly showed with these 3 men. It was such a relaxing excursion, there was no rush. We left around 9am and returned after 4:30pm. Dan did say if the weather changed quickly and they had to return early they would pro-rate the cost. To me the price I paid was meaningless considering the beautiful memories we can look back on.

Archived