clothing for zip line

kruzkraziness

We are leaving for Panama/Caribbean on Jan 2, 2010. We are doing the zip-line with greenway tours. We have never zip-lined and we have never been to Cost Rica. Forecast says showers. My question is what do we wear? Do we need long pants? Tennis shoes? Do we hike through the jungle to get there? Please Help!

Just returned from a fabulous zipline adventure at Vista Golfo Adventure Park in Costa Rica! Closed toed shoes - YES. I wore capris and DH wore shorts for our fabulous 25 platform zipline tour over 11 waterfalls!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,I'm looking at this same zipline tour also for our March cruise,the 700 meter line sounds like a blast,at over 2,100 feet that must be a real rush.I've been on some that were 1,400 feet long and over 500 feet tall in Puerto Vallarta.

We are leaving for Panama/Caribbean on Jan 2, 2010. We are doing the zip-line with greenway tours. We have never zip-lined and we have never been to Cost Rica. Forecast says showers. My question is what do we wear? Do we need long pants? Tennis shoes? Do we hike through the jungle to get there? Please Help!

We did the Vista Golfo zipline in December--it was great. I wore sneakers tank top and running shorts and was fine. My husband wore a tee, cargo shorts and sneakers. It's a good idea to have some insect repellant along due to mosquitos. We saw a few, not many.

I would wear closed-toe shoes and shorts that aren't too 'short' as the harness can make your clothing ride up.

It was warm and sunny the day we were there. You don't really go through much jungle to get there, all paved roads to the hotel, then a very bumpy jeep ride to the beginning of the zip lines. You do zip-line over waterfalls and forest--awesome!

Archived