Booking an excursion with a 3 year old on Carnival

missy329

We are planning our first ever cruise. We are going on Carnival with stops at Progreso and Cozumel. I am trying to book an excursion to the Uxmal Ruins through Carnival. On the Excursions page at Carnival's website it shows all of our names but the box for my youngest daughter (age 3) is not able to be checked. I called Carnival and was told that as long as there is no age restriction in the details I can just go ahead and book the rest of us and bring my three year old along. They said that she is not charged due to her age but that their would be a box lunch for her.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am worried we will show up for our excursion and they will have no idea my youngest is supposed to be there.

Also, have any of you done this excursion with younger kids? My daughters will be just two months away from 4 and 6 on the cruise. Are they too young for this excursion in your opinion?

Thanks in advance. This board has been a wealth of information for me! Who knew there was so much to learn when booking a first cruise.

Have not done that ruin excursion, but did take my 8 yo when we were in Costa Maya - the drive was about 1 hr and it was a good tour. I think the 6 yo would be fine on a similar tour, but not sure about a 4 yo - not sure how much either would get out of it.

As for the 3 yo, yes, I have had the same experience - if they are under 4, they are considered "lap" and you just bring 'em along.

Archived