Green Monkey tour

picture

We did a private tour that took us to the Nature Preserve among other sites. If you want to see wildlife, its great. The whole walk is maybe a mile but we saw plenty of monkeys, various deer type things, caimans, tortoises, and many other wildlife. It is more like a Lion Country Safari IMO than wild animals in the sense that they cram so many animals into such a small place but let them run free. Also the animals seem to be relatively used to humans (although none will let you touch them... except the tortoises).

I mention the wildlife reserve only as a place to see Monkeys in the late afternoon, as far as a zoo goes it's a small menagerie really, not a high point.

Sorry if I'm changing this thread. You can see by my posts that I'm a new poster, and I haven't been able to find this info anywhere. We will be snorkeling on a tour returning to port by 1:45. Would we have time to get to the wildlife reserve to see the monkeys after this? We are in port until 5:00.

Thanks for your help!

I would say it was too tight on time....monkeys...seen one....BDS is a small island but the wildlife place is about as far as you can get from the port. You do get monkeys all over, maybe the tour guy could help.

Thanks for your help!

Archived