Distance to Xcambo? Distance to DZ? Best compromise help please!

stanze5

We are a group of 8 ppl. trying to decide on what to do in Progreso. Half are interested in ruins/exploring the town while other half are more into fun in the sun such as a beach day. I am considering the autoprogreso tour which includes Xcambo and Reef club.

1)Does anyone have any idea how long a drive to Xcambo?

2) Would be be better of doing DZ which I believe is closer? Not sure which is better to tour...

3) Is there a tour that does DZ and a beach like Xcambo?

Any help is appreciated!

P.S. We will be in port on Monday while museums are closed.

I´ve done the Reef club which includes Xcambo and the Uxmal Tour. Both ruins are great, but Uxmal ruins are impressive and less crowded than Chichen Itzá. But if you don´t want a long ride, you should try DZ Ruins.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done Dzibilchaltun (pronounced-->Bil-ja-toon) twice. Its a nice excursion..both times we booked thru the ship, but broke away from the tour once inside and explored on our own. It is about a 45min-1hour ride. To us it was nice, because you did not spend hours and hours on the bus only to spend a fraction of that time at the ruins. They are the oldest ruins, however, since its a smaller area, I felt like it was more managable for us to wonder around. If you go in the summer, be warned it is VERY HOT (and Im from TX and it was still HOT to us) so take a wet cloth and some water and sunscreen.

have fun!

Archived