April 22 Mariner (Bermuda) Roll Call

mike35

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Mario and I are booked on that cruise. We are with a group and I'm not sure how large the group is at this time. We belong to a Yacht and tennis club and the Commodore has chosen this cruise as his signature cruise (1 per year per commodore). You will find this group happy, friendly and fun. They do like their cocktail hours as do we! The group is not so large as to be greater than 10% of the total guests onboard, so don't worry!

You sound like you've been cruising alot and enjoying it. I'm sure this will be good, too. Looking forward to meeting you!

Mike/Bertha, Hello again. Help, our cruise has disappeared! When I go to the RSSC website and search, as of yesterday I cannot find an April 22 Bermuda cruise. The only reference I can find is under "Specials" but when I click on the link for details I get a message that the cruise is no longer in the system.Any ideas?

Stuart

DAMN! You're right. We were already screwed on the Diamond Istanbul to Athens cruise in August, which we had previously booked only to learn that the Diamond would be leaving RSSC in June, and now this???? We're attending a "cruise fair" today, sponsored by a local agent. Hopefully a RSSC rep will be there to address this issue. I'll let you know.

Mike

Mike/Rosemail,

It is official. I got the call today. The cruise has been cancelled. Something about the ship going into drydock the month before. Our group is having a meeting tomorrow at 10:30 am to get the lowdown and the options. It will be interesting to see what they have to offer. I will let you know as soon as I do. My guess is that the cruise was so underbooked they took it as an opportunity to drydock. Radisson is making alot of people very mad and spreading ill will amongst the cruising community. I don't want to rush to judgement so I'll wait for the meeting tomorrow and check back in on this site when I know what they say. Until then, sorry guys!

Well, kids, it's true! We met with Radisson's sales rep Debra, and she said that she received an e-mail late Friday evening saying that the cruise was canceled due to a maintenance problem on the Mariner. Shucks!

Mike

Hi Mike and rosemail,

We were offered the 14 day panama cruise on May 6th for the same money. It goes from Fort Lauderdale to LA through the canal. Another option offered to us was the april 27th cruise to the Caribbean. Another 5 day cruise was offered (with some money back since cruise is shorter) on the 22 of April (original departure date) to Progresso, Cosumel, and Key West. The last option was money back and $500 credit (per cabin we were told, not per person) for a future cruise to be used before Feb 2006. Mario and I have opted for the Panama and our group is split between several options. Good luck, I hope you have as many options.

Yesterday I contacted RSSC. I got a quick response, and requested e-mail notification of my options. That same evening I received notification of the various options. I chose an Eastern Caribbean 11 night cruise as a substitute, for the same price as the original 9 night cruise. The only available cabins in equivalent class were near the stern, and based on advise from this and other boards, I was a little uneasy about Navigator vibration issues near stern. I settled on a balcony suite one deck lower but nearer the center of the ship and was given a significant credit. Two nights longer, less expensive, several more ports, not a bad compromise in my book! Mike/Bertha I will look out for you on what I hope will be future Radisson cruises. Let me know if you are cruising through Grand Cayman!

Archived