On Board the Freedom Now...

newlife_2010

Host Mach: I will be sure to tell Ralph hello from you.

Cruisechick1: yes, they just switched. The current sailing is the first to try it (I believe). I changed us from late seating to anytime on the Carnival website. We can't wait to check it out!

Peg

Cruisechick1: yes, they just switched. The current sailing is the first to try it (I believe). I changed us from late seating to anytime on the Carnival website. We can't wait to check it out!

Peg

OUTSTANDING!!

Please tell him I owe him two orders of KFC BBQ wings!!

:D

Have a wonderful cruise. I will be checking daily to see what you have written about this ship, activities, port of call, entertainment etc. I have more than 40 people cruising with me in 47 days!

The aft pool is not the Serenity Area. If you have a chance, could you check that new area out for us?

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Let me preface this by saying my comment is not a criticism, simply an observation... but I really find it rather surprising when people do reviews from their actual cruise. I am so busy on a cruise and catching up on my sleep, posting at this site is so far from my mind. Once I did encounter a situation and had a fleeting thought of cc, but to post while on my cruise, not a chance. Why not just be surprised about a few things, types of beer, piano bar player, cruise director and so forth, why the need to know everything before cruising.

Thanks for all the info NewLife and all of those that have contributed!

We have a foot of snow forecasted for tomorrow into Friday, and I'm thinking the only thing that will keep me nice and warm is some planning for our cruise on the Freedom that we leave for in a month!

We, too, have a room all the way forward and I am prone to motion sickness... I usually just use the patch behind the ear but since we've never had a room in this location I will bring other remedies just in case the patch doesn't do its job.

Peg

wonderful!! that will free us up on our island days to come back later!! so i just go to the website and change it?

Let me preface this by saying my comment is not a criticism, simply an observation... but I really find it rather surprising when people do reviews from their actual cruise. I am so busy on a cruise and catching up on my sleep, posting at this site is so far from my mind. Once I did encounter a situation and had a fleeting thought of cc, but to post while on my cruise, not a chance. Why not just be surprised about a few things, types of beer, piano bar player, cruise director and so forth, why the need to know everything before cruising.

While I would not spend money for internet time, it was sooo cool to post from Paradise Beach and say hi to everyone here. Cruise Critic has helped me so much and I take every advantage to learn as much as I can about ships, ports and everything else before I go. If not for the cost I would be posting from the ship also. You know...nah nah boo boo...I am here and you are not...:p:p:p

Hi OP,

What hotel did you stay at before your cruise left Ft Lauderdale? I'm thinking of staying at La Quinta Inn and wanted to know a lil about the area (ie what food places are near, beaches, wine store, etc) Thanks!

Just off the freedom. In the airport now. very quick review.

it is freezing here in fll. we were welcomed with 30 degree weather. it was funny looking at everyone in flip flops and tshirts this morning lol.

thanks to the people of my roll call you were great. you really made me feel welcomed. 2 families in pariticular i cant remember your names but you were phenomenal. one family even invited me to dine with them. you were awesome.

deembarkation was a breeze. exited the ship at 640 and was in the airport by 715. i did self assist, excellent service

overall the cruise was great. everything was clean and immaculate. no complaints.

my only complaint is the food in the mdr. it was absolutely terrible. of the 5 nights 6 dinned in the mdr, the food was good 2 nights. the problem is that the food is ice cold when they bring it out.i ordered chicken breast and it was ice old. the ribs and pork chops were good. i sent back food twice and still got cold food. my fries and potatoes were cold. it was really bad. the mdr was dissapointing to say the lease.

the lido deck buffet and special places all get high marks from me. i was expecting the worse from the lido and the best from the buffet. boy was i wrong. the lido food was always hot, fresh, clean and the service was great. the grille and tandori are the best. the pizza is good but blah after the first attempt.

soda sticker was excellent. people complain but why. i had no problems getting drinks or service.

your time dining needs a lot of improvements. it is really bad. only because of the service. if you want personalization your time is not for you. it worked well for me though. also there is no enetertainment on that floor it is on the main floor.

cruise director wee jimmy was great.

ports of call were fun. it rained alot but was enjoyable.

a more extended review will be posted in a few weeks. i am on my way to disneyworld.

Just off the freedom. In the airport now. very quick review.

it is freezing here in fll. we were welcomed with 30 degree weather. it was funny looking at everyone in flip flops and tshirts this morning lol.

thanks to the people of my roll call you were great. you really made me feel welcomed. 2 families in pariticular i cant remember your names but you were phenomenal. one family even invited me to dine with them. you were awesome.

deembarkation was a breeze. exited the ship at 640 and was in the airport by 715. i did self assist, excellent service

overall the cruise was great. everything was clean and immaculate. no complaints.

my only complaint is the food in the mdr. it was absolutely terrible. of the 5 nights 6 dinned in the mdr, the food was good 2 nights. the problem is that the food is ice cold when they bring it out.i ordered chicken breast and it was ice old. the ribs and pork chops were good. i sent back food twice and still got cold food. my fries and potatoes were cold. it was really bad. the mdr was dissapointing to say the lease.

the lido deck buffet and special places all get high marks from me. i was expecting the worse from the lido and the best from the buffet. boy was i wrong. the lido food was always hot, fresh, clean and the service was great. the grille and tandori are the best. the pizza is good but blah after the first attempt.

soda sticker was excellent. people complain but why. i had no problems getting drinks or service.

your time dining needs a lot of improvements. it is really bad. only because of the service. if you want personalization your time is not for you. it worked well for me though. also there is no enetertainment on that floor it is on the main floor.

cruise director wee jimmy was great.

ports of call were fun. it rained alot but was enjoyable.

a more extended review will be posted in a few weeks. i am on my way to disneyworld.

Woo hoo!

Have an awesome time at Disney, and we eagerly await your review!!! :D

All that planning and waiting== and its now over--- glad to hear you got Disneyworld to look forward to. Hope the weather there cooperates with me. Many reviews from last week are saying how cold it is.

We are going on the Freedom in April. I hope the MDR improves between now and then. That is one of my favorite things about cruising!

I'm sorry it was so cold when you got back to FLL, but not too sorry. It has been frigid here all week in North Carolina!! LOL

Did I read that there was a fish and chips? We LOVED that on the Glory even though we didn't find it until the next to the last day!

I hope that it warms up for you at Disney. We did Christmas there one year and it was in the 40's on Christmas day. We all had to but sweat shirts!

Leah

• 3 weeks later...

The Fish & Chips is just above the buffet on LIdo deck. Last year it was awesome, but this time it wasn't very good.. The dough was very cakey.. Maybe I just got it on an off day, but didn't go back after trying it the first time..

Archived