Can you suggest the best time to book a flight at the end of the POA cruise

stuNYC

POA will be docking in Honolulu at 7AM. I will be flying HA inter-island to Maui. I am not in a rush since can't check-into the hotel in Maui until 3PM supposedly.

Does anyone know whether HA is affiliated with NCL's service ($25) that allows you have your luggage sent to the airport from the ship. I used such a service in Vancouver and it was wonderful not to have to drag your luggage to the airport, especially since my wife is in a wheelchair.

You will be perfectly safe booking a flight around 11 am....especially an inter island flight. We fly to Hilo after our POA cruises and we have had no trouble making a flight at 10:40 am. We just carry our own bags off of the ship. Even if you have the cruise line handle your bags, and claim them in the terminal, you should have no problems making a late morning flight.

Hawaiian Air does not participate in the bags program.

One way to handle the luggage problem is to book an excursion thru the ship. Your luggage will be put onto the bus you'll be on all day. The North Shore excursion will let you see much of Oahu and get you to the airport in time for a 4 p.m. or later flight. See shore excursions page on NCL for particulars.

Check gorabbitgo.com for Roberts' tours that may be available on disembarkation day. Maybe they have something shorter. But if it's an airport drop off tour it will be the same: your luggage will be under the bus.

Archived