Diving-St. Lucia? Bequia?St. Vincent?Grenada?

ellcfo

We are very rusty divers, haven't dove in about ten years, and are thinking of trying to dive while on a southern Caribbean cruise. We will be on St. Lucia, Bequia, St. Vincent and Grenada. Which island might be best for us? Any suggestions regarding which company to go with?

Thanks in advance.

Eileen L

San Francisco, Ca

I have only been to St. Lucia and Grenada. So I cannot comment on Bequia or St. Vincent.

Grenada can be a little rough and a lot of the diving there is deep wreck diving. Some of the less active divers did not have a good time there.

St. Lucia on the other hand has a huge variety of dive sites from super easy to quite challenging. All the diving there is for marine life (I don't know if they have any wrecks). I went with Dive St. Lucia and they were very good. They start with shore dive in to a marine park. The island is volcanic so the shore dives turn into wall dives. They like to have everyone dial in their buoyancy then swim 30 yards to an amazing marine park. After that they took us to Superman's Flight.

Darrell

Archived