Favorite Excursions in Mexican Riviera (Mercury 2/18)

Jedwin

:confused: What are your favorite excursions in the Mexican Riviera? Partner and I have cruised many times but have never done this itinerary. We'll be sailing on Celebrity's Mercury 2/18 with stops in Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Ixt/Z, and Acapulco. Is there anything that is a "must see" -- or a "must avoid?" Thanks!

We just got off the Pride on Sunday, I would recommend making your way down to Blue Chairs Beach in Puerta Vallarta (all the way south on the beach from downtown) Just take a taxi to downtown and it's a nice walk all the way. Take a chair in the sand in front of the blue chairs hotel, swim, sun, catch the sunset show on the roof at the top of the hotel and walk around the charming gay area, check your internet for free. We stayed on the boat in Cabo, and in Mazatlan I've heard good things about Randi's Happy Horses. Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out Blue Chairs Beach -- sounds nice. I've heard so much abut Randi's Happy Horses that these must either be the "happiest" horses on earth -- or Randi's got quite a publicist!;)

If you're planning on buying anything in Mexico I highly recommend doing so in Mazatlan. I was on the Diamond Princess November 27th. We went to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. We did a little shopping in Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan...Mazatlan had prices half of what was offered in Puerto Vallarta! Plus, if you want to buy some beer ashore the Walmart in Puerto Vallarta (across the street from the cruise terminal) has a six pack of Corona for $3.

Have fun!

Denise Blackmore, ACC

Archived