getting married in Bermuda

We are planning to get married next yr (havent set a date as of yet) but we wanna get married in Bermuda. we have been there twice now, first time was a cruise to bermuda and the bahamas, 2nd cruise was to bermuda for 5 days (since we loved it so much decided to take that cruise). we both love cruises and Bermuda so we figured might as well get married there, plus we have been tryin to get a group of ppl (family) to go on a cruise so what better way than this?! iv been doin some research and have a few ?s first off we've been on the NCL Majesty and the Dawn, would like to either go with a diff ship or diff. cruise line. i was on carnvials triumph when it first came out and even though i only cruised once with carnival IMO i think they are the best, but i dont see them going to Bermuda, so i was wondering how Royal cruises are? their ships big ? would like something bigger than the Majesty. we would like to stay in port for a few days also (think thats best). also was wondering if anyone has pictures of their wedding ?

My daughter is also getting married this year, probably June. I was thinking of Bermuda as we have been there at least 20 times, about half the time on a cruise. The advantage to the Majesty is that she was thin enough to dock at St George's. I am not crazy about docking at the Naval Yards(so far away from the beaches we like), but that is just about the only choice now, except for one or two ships that will go to Hamilton and St. Georges also. I think a Celebrity, which by the way is a VERY nice cruise line. I can maybe help you with Bermuda type questions, I can tell you that it is indeed the most beautiful island, altho expensive, very picturesque. Good luck!

We are planning to get married next yr (havent set a date as of yet) but we wanna get married in Bermuda. we have been there twice now, first time was a cruise to bermuda and the bahamas, 2nd cruise was to bermuda for 5 days (since we loved it so much decided to take that cruise). we both love cruises and Bermuda so we figured might as well get married there, plus we have been tryin to get a group of ppl (family) to go on a cruise so what better way than this?! iv been doin some research and have a few ?s first off we've been on the NCL Majesty and the Dawn, would like to either go with a diff ship or diff. cruise line. i was on carnvials triumph when it first came out and even though i only cruised once with carnival IMO i think they are the best, but i dont see them going to Bermuda, so i was wondering how Royal cruises are? their ships big ? would like something bigger than the Majesty. we would like to stay in port for a few days also (think thats best). also was wondering if anyone has pictures of their wedding ?

I've only been on 1 NCL ship and it was the worse experience of my life. We cruise with Royal and we love everything about them. Explorer of the Seas is the ship we took to Bermuda. The only real difference is how long you're in Bermuda. Royal is there for 2 days, 5 day cruise, NCL is 3 days, 7 day cruise.

We where married while in port the first day. I wanted an evening ceremony. We where able to get off the ship in the morning, do some shopping around the Dockyard. We came back to the ship to get my hair done, freshen up. We ordered some room service to have while hanging out in the room before it was time to start my makeup. I took that time to give my MOH, mother and bff there special gifts and cards I bought them.

Taxis picked everyone up except 4 of us. We did a few pics on the top decks after I knew my hubby was in the cab. We finally headed down to our cab and off to the resort. We where trying to beat rain they where calling for, so I was actually early, so we started early. We made it all the way through pics on the cliffs as we where walking back to do cake and champagne it started to rain. Phyllis the resort's WC was fabulous and had everyone moving everything from the beach to under a tent they always have up incase of rain.

We had our cake and champagne, did a few more pics with people, then we all started heading back. We had booked reservations for the whole group of us at Portofino's on the ship. The hubby and I went and had a few drinks off by ourselves before we had to meet for dinner.

We went through The Wedding Salon, however it would be cheaper just using the resort WC to be honest. They can handle the exact same thing. The resort we where married at was 9 Beaches. It was gorgeous. Phyllis is/was the WC there, she was awesome! I so recommend her. She let us come back the next day and use the resort for free =) We spent the day on the beach, it was wonderful.

Everything was private for us. Except the people on there porches of there cabana's watching our ceremony, it was so neat, we felt like celebrities! One couple even ran over and gave us $20 and told us our first drink that night was on them.

If there's any other questions I can answer feel free to post.

Here's the link to my pictures. We had a reception when we got back home, so you can just ignore those. The password for the site if it asks you for one is carderwalczak.

http://kathyandpawelswedding.shutterfly.com/

• 1 month later...

I know it's a been a month since you posted, but I wanted to share my experience too if you're still interested.

I was married in Bermuda almost three years ago now (yikes, time flies!), and cruised NCL's Majesty. One thing I would reccommend above all else is using an island coordinator rather than the coordinators for the cruiseline. They have (or at least, this was the case when I was planning my wedding) a very big turnaroud for representatives, and we had three different contacts throughout the course of the planning. Make it easier on you and your sanity and find out either who the coordinator is at the resort you want to be married at, or look into the different companies on the island if you are planning to be married on a public beach (Bermuda Bride and The Bridal Suite come to mind).

I absolutely loved getting married on the island, and cruising to get there. It was cost effective (the island is rather pricey), and allowed a unique way for those who hadn't been to the island to be introduced to it.

Here is a link to the review I wrote following the wedding http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=554646, if you're interested.

Here are a couple links to pictures from the wedding as well (the links in my signature aren't working, will have to fix them): http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20950&id=728115649&l=bf0f74e5e3 (non professional pics), http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20964&id=728115649&l=f0431c851f (cruise pics), http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=158586&id=728115649&l=9dff242f98 (professional pics).

All the best with your planning!

Archived