Getting in shape!!!

hottie4ucmu

So I was just curious, does anyone try to get in shape before your cruise and what do you do? I am trying and it seems to be working....I figured its new years resolution time and the cruise in March seems to be the perfect incentive to step it up a bit...I want to get more into shape but it also must be the horror I experience right now when I try on a bikini :eek: But hey, no pain no gain.....

I'm in the same place you are!!! I sail in Feb, so had to start my resolution in December to get in shape. I've been going to the gym doing mostly 40-50 minutes of cardio 4 times a week. (I like the elliptical machine the best) It seems to be working. I have only lost a few pounds, but I feel so much better and I look better. Only one month to go, so I'm stepping it up a little! Good luck!!!

:D hi......well i have a cruise booked for feb 5th on the carbbean princess and prior to any cruise i always diet.....like to shed at least 10 pounds.....most people will put 5 to 10 pounds on when they do a cruise........i have been eating special k for breakfast and lunch and very healthy light dinners.........grilled chicken salads .............fish dinners........i am ahead of schedual on my desired weight loss and still have around 3 weeks till the cruise!!! woohoo........i cant wait.......stephanie from boston:D

Ive been getting in shape for about a year 1/2 now... before my last big big cruise... I lost 28 lbs in three months prior to the last cruise.. maintained my weight on that cruise... I think cruises are actually an easy way to maintain your weight... portions are actually small, its just that you have so many options and you can have so many servings... but for example the dinners in the sit down dining room are really good sized portions, the problem is if you have 6 entrees... lol

on the last cruise, to maintain my weight... I did not buy a soda card, we walked all the time instead of taking the elevators, I dont think we went in the elevator a single time on the cruise during the 7 weeks.. we did a lot of walking in port... we went to the gym every single day.. I hardly had any desert because I didnt really care for most of the deserts but I did always treat myself to cones from the self serve.. I tried almost every different bit of food that was available but kept it to small amounts of each.. there is no reason to deprive yourself.. just use self control in amounts....

Like I said, I lost 28 lbs in 3 months, i ate CARBS (omg carbs... omg... so scary.. so many people are so scared of carbs and its just so silly..) I eat carbs with every meal.. baked potatos.. the whole nine yards.. and every sunday is free day, I can eat mcdonalds, I can eat pizza, I drink soda, I eat whatever I want.. the rest of the week I eat 6 small meals instead of three big ones and keep equal portions of carbs and protien...

Also I work out 6 days a week minimum.. 30 mins of cardio plus abs three days a week, then weights 3 days a week...

Loosing weight basically comes down to eating LESS and exercising MORE... its as easy as that,. you just have to have self control... any one can do it...

Sailing on the Destiny in 8 days! I actually lost weight over the Holidays because I "ate in moderation". Since 1/1/05 I've cut out all "desserts" and chocolate. I've stepped up my workouts to 5 a week (from 3-4) for 45-60 min each, with a mix of cardio and weights. I haven't changed my diet, just making smart choices and watch the portions. Smart snacking helps, along with eating something every few hours so I don't get overly hungry. Complex carbs and protein fill me up.

Sailing on the Destiny in 8 days! I actually lost weight over the Holidays because I "ate in moderation". Since 1/1/05 I've cut out all "desserts" and chocolate. I've stepped up my workouts to 5 a week (from 3-4) for 45-60 min each, with a mix of cardio and weights. I haven't changed my diet, just making smart choices and watch the portions. Smart snacking helps, along with eating something every few hours so I don't get overly hungry. Complex carbs and protein fill me up.

You should do cardio on the Destiny, the treadmills overlook the ocean thru a floor to ceiling window... beautiful... we sailed on the Destiny at the end of February last year and loved it.

LegalCat it sounds like you follow the Body for Life method? I lost 45 lbs after third pregnancy doing that. I was told I looked fit and healthy when I reached my goal after three months. Believe me, that's quite a reward when people tell you that after all your hard work and dedication. I've tried to maintain that method since, and so far it's worked for three years. Portion control, water, complex carbs & protein, small frequent meals and working out! It's a way of life, not a fad.

That's exactly what we plan to do. It's got to be the best gym on the face of the planet with that view!!!! We're really looking forward to it, the problem is finding the time. We're doing excursions everyday, and have early seating so we can see the shows at night. LegalCat, when did you work out? With excursions early in the AM when is there time?

Dh and I are watching what we eat and doing the slim in 6 program. We sail on April 3. So far I have lost 5 lbs and dh has lost 7. We started on January 3. The program is tough, but I just keep thinking about that swim suit.

:rolleyes:

I love food. And I am not picky. Meat, potatoes, chocolate, bread, cheese.......;) So I know I have to lose at least 10 lbs before I cruise. I eat very little fat and sugar, but nothing is off limits as long as I just eat a bite or two of it. Luckily, I am a creature of habit, so for about 4 weeks I can eat the same things everyday- for breakfast, like an apple or banana: for lunch, a pack of peanut butter crackers and a York peppermint patty with lots of water: an apple or BBQ Pork Skins for an afternoon snack: and a small portion of anything I cook the family for supper, again with water. I work out for at least 20 minutes 5 days a week and walk 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill twice a week. Saturday night and Sunday night I eat whatever I want, however much I want of it. :) I live for the weekend. :D

It averages out to 3-4 lbs a week weight loss. But mainly I just feel great! And food tastes so much better.

On the cruise, I get up and walk with the rising of the sun for about 45 minutes and always take the stairs. I will gain 7-10 lbs that week, but I do know that the salt water in the air makes you a little puffy, so I allow for that also. It goes away fairly fast when you leave the ship.

Good luck to you! I know that whatever plan you are on, it is never easy.

Sheila

How do you guys find the time to work out 5-6 times a week?????? I have a hard time getting to my personal trainer class of one hour twice a week. I try to get to cruves twice a week but that hasn't happen since November. I know my job hours in the winter gets in the way but still 5 times a week? I need to find more time, Where? I can't do anything before work cause my clock is set for 3:30-3:45 am already and I get home about 5 pm except workout days it's 6 pm. I need to retire! I got quite a few years before that can happen like 20+.

How do you guys find the time to work out 5-6 times a week?????? I have a hard time getting to my personal trainer class of one hour twice a week. I try to get to cruves twice a week but that hasn't happen since November. I know my job hours in the winter gets in the way but still 5 times a week? I need to find more time, Where? I can't do anything before work cause my clock is set for 3:30-3:45 am already and I get home about 5 pm except workout days it's 6 pm. I need to retire! I got quite a few years before that can happen like 20+.

I'm lucky that there is a gym at my office. Instead of taking lunch 3 times a week I go to the gym and go to Ballys on the weekend. Under pressure to shape up Hawaii in July, Valor in Aug HI again in October for work

I run 3 miles, bike for 15 minutes, do 50 push-ups, and 100 sit-ups about 4x a week, plus throw in the occasional basketball or racquetball game. Because of the way I eat, I stay at the same weight, which is good enough to me!

I'm lucky that there is a gym at my office. Instead of taking lunch 3 times a week I go to the gym and go to Ballys on the weekend. Under pressure to shape up Hawaii in July, Valor in Aug HI again in October for work

I like that idea, then I would be able to fit it in more enough! More employers should think of this.

Archived