Roatan - Subway Watersports?

Scubachick84

Looking for some feedback from anybody who's dealt with this company. I'm looking to book with them for scuba diving but any reviews would be appreciated!

We had originally intended to book with Las Rocas but they refuse to pick up from the new Carnival port.

Thanks!

Laura

Looking for some feedback from anybody who's dealt with this company. I'm looking to book with them for scuba diving but any reviews would be appreciated!

We had originally intended to book with Las Rocas but they refuse to pick up from the new Carnival port.

Thanks!

Laura

Laura - can't help with this particular company, but in case you want to look at anyone else, we had a fantastic experience in Roatan on 12/23/09 - arrived on Carnival into the new port (Mahogany Bay), we had arranged for a driver & guide with "Rony's Tours", at $25 per person it was a tiny bit more than just using a cab, but we had our own driver & guide for the day and they went out of their way to make it a wonderful trip.

We booked in advance two 1-tank dives with Coconut Tree Divers in West Bay based on Rony's recommendation and my own internet research. They were wonderful! The DM (Rags) was attentive, but not in a hovering way. They were clearly focused on safety and on us having a good experience. The equipment they provided was in good shape and the one small gear problem was immediately handled by rags & the boat driver.

The dives are right off shore, so the "boat ride" was only minutes, and the diving was wonderful. While we were diving, our guide took the non-divers from our group to the zip-line and then to a beach to relax, then coordinated all of us getting to a restaurant for a late lunch before returning to the ship. The restaurant was working on "island time" and it was helpful to have him remind them to keep things moving, and he made sure to keep us moving so that we would be back at port at the time that we had told him we wanted to be there.

We would definately use Coconut Tree again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I just got back from diving Roatan with Subway Watersports. I was travelling with my family so I went diving and they had a nice resort day, both arranged through Subway. They are a small but professional and friendly operation. We were picked up outside the gates of Mahogany Bay (Carnival does not allow independent operators inside) by Michael, the dive guide who dropped us back at the pier at the end of the day. The day I went diving, a family was finishing up their certification so it was just me and Michael, which made it very flexible and fun. There was some pretty good surge and waves so we were the only boat out there and had the dive sites (wreck and wall) to ourselves. I rented BC, regulator, and wetsuit and all were in good condition. Hope you have fun!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived