Princess Cays snorkelling

bigenna

If we want to snorkel at Princess Cays, do we have to reserve our snorkelling gear in advance from our ship (Crown Princess)?

It seems like a lot of money ($24 per person) just to rent the gear, to snorkel from the beach - no tour or other extras.

I guess what we are trying to get a handle on is, when the Crown Princess docks - are we right at "their" own private beach area, or are there other areas very close by that have local independant operations to rent from at a more reasonable rate? $8 - $12 per person seems more like a reasonable rate listed by independants at other port's beach areas we will be visiting.

We are leaving cold, wet BC, Canada on thursday for Fort Lauderdale and will board the Crown Princess on January 9th. Can hardly wait.

thanks,

anne

Take your own gear and problem solved. We always take our own. I dont like the idea of putting my mouth on a snorkel that many other people have done the same. They dont even clean them that well. But to answer your question it is their own "private" island so there is not any place to rent equipment cheaper. (Not that I can recall anyway)

I'm like the other poster, and we bought our own equipment. On another note, you may want to check the weather. We were in Fl. in Oct. and we hit a record low temp. Thank God I had a winter coat with me. (The previous record held since 1913) And we spoke to family on Sunday 1/03/2010 that said it reached 32*or 35* F. But they are getting hit with the cold as well. When we were in Princess Cays (as I said) in Oct. it was too cold to get in the water. Many felt the same way, and they didn't go in either. Hope it warms up for you.

Archived