Apia Tours

blowers

I am trying to organise a private tour for two people in APia in Feb and the only recommneded Company I can find on the cc sites is "Berties" who unfortunately are not responding to my e-mails. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Many thanks

Geoff

I am trying to organise a private tour for two people in APia in Feb and the only recommneded Company I can find on the cc sites is "Berties" who unfortunately are not responding to my e-mails. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Many thanks

Geoff

We too, are looking at Berties for a tour in Apia, in April, sent them an e-mail about 5 days ago, received the following response today (Monday, Jan. 11, 2010)

> Dear Sandra and Al,

>

> We will be more than pleased to do you an "All Day

> Island Tour"

> We will first have to arrange the various stops, since

> we have been forced to find new locations after

> the tsunami.

> We will get back to you with the itinery and prices.

> Yours,

> Mariana

End quote.

Does not look good for A). tours, and more importantly, B). the folks who live in the Apia area.

Regards,

Sandra & Al

Someone from our roll call on the Star Princess 30-day cruise SF-SYD last fall booked a tour with Berties that we took. We arrived in Apia a few days after the tsunami. The tour locations had to be changed for obvious reasons, but this day turned out to be one of our favorites, and we were very happy with the tour. These resilient people were a joy to be with, and they did everything they could to make our day special. We went to a lovely lagoon area where we swam and enjoyed a bar-b-que lunch. We toured a part of the island that was not affected by the tsunami. I'm sure it may be a very long time before the whole island is accessible, but we would not hesitate to book with Berties if they say they can do a tour for you. We think you will feel good about contributing to their business. I hope it all works out well for you. It's a beautiful primitive island.

Archived