Tobago Snorkel

GophersMN

I stayed in Tobago a week and only went to Bucco to catch a boat to the nylon pool. It is very tourist compared to the rest of the island. As for the nylon pool, it is a 3 foot deep sandbar, nothing to really see. But our boat operator did take us to a snorkeling spot on the way out that was ok. (We where there for a week, so when we went out it ended up being just 3 of us and the boat operator who we found at the Peigon Point dock.) It is one of those been there done it things to me. If I would go back to Tobago I would not go to the nylon pool again, but would go back to Mt Irving Beach. But if you never have been there I would say go experince it for yourself.

Mt Irvine beach about 10 minute drive from Bucco. It had good snorkeling and diving. If you go there from shore, facing the water straight out from the white building 50-75 yards, but you can't see from shore is a nice reef where I saw a bunch of eels, then going to the left closer to shore (you can follow the reef in) there where schools of "baby" squid, only 1-2 feet long and plenty of other fish.The reef to the right is not as good. This was late June early July. There is only 1 little bar/resturant on this beach (cash only), but there are public restrooms, I think showers, but not sure.

Archived