shore excursions and kids

Any help would be appreciated.

We sail the Brilliance March 2005 with a 3 and 10 year old and are looking for the best appropriate excursions.

We will be San Juan, St. Thomas,St. Marteen,

St. Lucia, Antigua, and Labadee. We traditional like culture, site seeing, and snorkling as opposed to just sitting at pool/beach at a hotel. Anyone having any recommendations?

Thank you so much.

Carnival Triumph 04/2000

Norwegian Sun 02/2004

Brilliance of the Seas 03/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;03;07;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Brilliance of the Seas 03/07/2005

I can only make my suggestions for San Juan, St Thomas and Labadee.

San Juan- We did a walking tour along the outside of the old city walls. We took our time ( had a senior with us) and really enjoyed it. There are at least a hundred stray kittens that hide themselves in the bushes and vegetation along the edge of the walkway. The walkway ends beneath El Morro ( no access to it from here). If you think of it you could take a couple of pouches of kitty treats to feed the cats. It was wonderful to watch them. We then went through the gate to the church and up along the city streets to Pigeon Plaza where thousands of pigeons fly about ( take bird seed ). You can print up some walking tour maps from the Old San Juan website. We stopped at a couple of gift shops and just browsed the old city. It was great for grandma and my daughter and it was free. This would not be a great idea on a rainy day.

St Thomas- By all means book a Godfrey Tour. $20 per person. He picks you up at the ship, takes you into town for a couple of hours to shop or to go through the old prison/fort that is right next to the straw market. Then he will pick you up, take you on an island tour and then stop at a beach if you choose. You pay at the end of the tour. Great for all ages.

Labadee- This really is just a beach day so you might want to head to Wal-Mart and pick up some cheap snorkle gear. There is also a straw market as well that you can bargain at. Nice wood items and local paintings. Theres a small water park that the kids might enjoy and the folks might want to take turns and try a banana boat ride for $10.

Just my suggestions but they are inexpensive which will leave you more cash for different excursions at the other ports.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

Guest NBestafka

We took our kids on Brilliance, same itinerary. St Thomas we went to Trunk Bay and Snorkled. They thought that was cool.

San Juan, old and new San Juan Tour.

Antigua. Eli Echo tour. (our kids didn't go with us on that but I think they would have enjoyed it).

St Maarten & St Lucia they stayed on the ship.

Whatever you do, have fun. The ship is awesome and the kids program is great!!!!!!

Nancy

Took our 3 kids 10, 9 & 6 ourselves via "shuttle boat" to St. John to Trunk Bay, outstanding, wonderful beach, nice light surf (but enough the kids loved it), neat little shopping area at boat dock, snorkel equip. $5.00 rental, great snorkling, resturant, showers. On another trip we went on the Island tour and stopped at Megans Bay, stronger surf (kids loved it), but Trunk bay was the best. Wish I was there now.

Although your kids may be a bit young, if you like sightseeing you should see Nelson's Dockyard and Shirley Heights in Antigua. You can do this and still have time for several hours at a beach. Antigua has beautiful white sand beaches.

Archived