Pearl - Is Sharkbait still there?

DinsdalePiranha

This is slowly becoming very disappointing for me. Since I orginally booked my cruise they now have eliminated 3 things that I was looking forward to. One:the bubbly welcome. Two: cappacinos and espresso machines. Now three: no sharkbait. I'm not sure the reasoning behind all of these changes but now I can see why some people really don't like NCL. This will be my first cruise with them so I'm not sure what to expect but reading all these things is not getting my hopes up. I'm sure I will enjoy myself anyway..after all, I'm not at work and I'm on vacation!!

I can't help you with the reason of why no bubbly as you arrive or why the fancy coffee went away but I bet you could still buy those things if you really got to have it. But Sharkbait you can't buy. This is just how cruising is. The entertainers are always changing to either other ships within the fleet or even other lines. I think they contract for 6 months, some maybe less depending on the act. So unless you are on the inside of NCL entertainment management it would be hard to predict the entertainment the week you go as it could all change the week you do go and you would have no way to know from others about that change. That goes for pretty much all the shows and individuals like comedians and Sharkbait like acts. But one thing is for sure and that is you will have the same amount of entertainment and it is possible the new acts will be better then Sharkbait. So keep your hopes up that your week will be better then others had and then you can be the first to report back here how great it was for you. Have a nice cruise. PS: I will be on the Pearl the next week and was looking forward to seeing Sharkbait for the first time too but after 32 cruises I know I won't be disspointed they are not there. There is way too much to be excited about without worry over missing one ship act.

This is slowly becoming very disappointing for me. Since I orginally booked my cruise they now have eliminated 3 things that I was looking forward to. One:the bubbly welcome. Two: cappacinos and espresso machines. Now three: no sharkbait. I'm not sure the reasoning behind all of these changes but now I can see why some people really don't like NCL. This will be my first cruise with them so I'm not sure what to expect but reading all these things is not getting my hopes up. I'm sure I will enjoy myself anyway..after all, I'm not at work and I'm on vacation!!

We got "the bubbly" on our cruise one week ago so I'm guessing they haven't done away with it.

Yes, they are onboard, they had a break over Christmas and new year but are now back.

Yes, that is great news...I was really looking forward to that...

I think the bubbly is gone as of Jan 1st...at least that is what I have read so far...that's ok..I can do with out that.. but shartbait? NO WAY! LOL

Plus the kids will love it too I think.

• 2 weeks later...

The mints, espresso, welcoming bubbly? I missed those things, but they aren't nearly as satisfying as Sharkbait. These guys are totally hilarious and I'm pleased to report they were on our cruise last week. We saw both of their shows, went to their juggling class, watched them do Liar's Club and host The Quest. They were great! We even bought their DVD.

Archived