Todd the CD on the Carnival Dream

kdinkus1

My DH and I are thinking about booking the Carnival Dream. Part of what we really enjoy while onboard is how the CD interracts with the passengers. I know that to most, it doesn't seem to matter and it won't make or break our cruise. However with that being said, I would really appreciate honest reviews of Todd. Some of our most treasured moments are remembering the CD's and their Assistant CD's (Yeah Big Sexy! :D). Thanks!

My DH and I are thinking about booking the Carnival Dream. Part of what we really enjoy while onboard is how the CD interracts with the passengers. I know that to most, it doesn't seem to matter and it won't make or break our cruise. However with that being said, I would really appreciate honest reviews of Todd. Some of our most treasured moments are remembering the CD's and their Assistant CD's (Yeah Big Sexy! :D). Thanks!
Now this is just my opinon. We sailed during Christmas. First and formost we had a great time on our cruise. and you will love the DREAM. Todd was very dissapointing as a CD. I never seen him interact with passengers nor was he very funny. I personallydon't put a lot of stock in CD. To me its iceing on the cake if he or she is a good one. Please don't let this change your mind. I'm sure there some people thought he was great. I just didn't see it.:)

Todd was with us on the Freedom Grand Med in July 2008. He did an awesome deck party and put on quite a rock and roll show from the balcony....he had a very good entertainer singing as well...himself!!! He has a great voice and a great stage presence.

Wouldn't know about late at night because we are asleep.

I sailed with Todd on the Conquest and to me he was the best cd yet that guy is all over the place up early in the morning until after midnight he just keeps going and going.I do have to say i have been disappointed with some cd's you never see them unless its on stage.Oooo And he is nice to look at to.;)

We kept hearing all these raves about Wee Jimmy and found him lacking.

(I found him just irritating)

But our next cruise on the Freedom, we both loved Todd........

CD preferences are seriously a personal choice (like musical taste, taste in food , etc..) so it is difficult to take some peoples raves versus others.

Bill

Thanks for the posts! I agree that it is a matter of personal tastes (on CD's) and it was good to get a few different views. If we could get our taxes done on time... maybe I'll do the Carnival Dream while John is taking over for Todd. Thanks for making me aware of this KATFNCY. I knew he would be onboard but didn't realize that Todd would not be the active CD.

We were on the Dream 12/3 with Todd. He was everywhere,singing in the piano bar,had a great deck party,always spoke.Lots of energy.

We didnt care much for Wee Jimmy or Jorge and actually cant remember the name of any of our other CD's.

We also saw Todd at Kareoke once.

We missed a port,and he had a new capers out with activities planned in no time.The entire entertainment crew was called upon with no notice to organize an unexpected sea day.The crew of that ship is incredible.

I was with Todd on the Dream's Inaugural cruise in the Med and he had to be under a tremendous amount of stress over taking a new ship out (he had done it before with Freedom).

I personally chatted with him three times during the cruise and never felt like he wanted to hurry off to somewhere else. He was everywhere. He was gracious, he was funny (he was hilarious as a ballerina at the cast show). I found him to be a genuinely nice person. He and James on the morning show were a real hoot.

When I lost a camera card I contacted him and he went to see my steward twice to check on it and contacted me both times afterwards to tell me that they had been unsuccessful at finding it.

OMG! Todd is the BEST~! and he makes friends with everyone possible. He takes your vacation seriously, he's from San Diego, very hard working, is respected by all of the crew as well. He is very sincere, don't worry about a thing. We are cruising in April and chose this cruise because our last one on the Freedom was the best with Todd. Our kids got to know and love him too! Exceptional guy, no one in this world works as hard as anyone on these ships!

OMG! Todd is the BEST~! and he makes friends with everyone possible. He takes your vacation seriously, he's from San Diego, very hard working, is respected by all of the crew as well. He is very sincere, don't worry about a thing. We are cruising in April and chose this cruise because our last one on the Freedom was the best with Todd. Our kids got to know and love him too! Exceptional guy, no one in this world works as hard as anyone on these ships!

Ditto!

Todd does a complete job........he wouldn't have been given the Dream otherwise.

He thinks well of himself......has a healthy ego.....but he deserves it.

And he can be crazy funny when he feels like it !

You'll like him.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO gammy3gks: The CD Todd interacts pretty well with the passengers. So does his assistant CD. They aren't exactly Gary of Celebrity Cruise Line, but, they are pretty good. I see you know Josh. Josh is a good person and I enjoyed having him on a cruise with me.

I have to agree that John is my favorite. I happen to be one of the lucky ones traveling on the Dream when Todd is on vacation part of Feb and Mar and John is taking over for him. YEAH!

We are going to enjoy John as CD Jan 30 and I'm really looking forward to "seeing him" in action!! I've heard he's great!!

• 3 weeks later...

Todd was our CD the last time we cruised. He is very friendly and interactive. The first one I have ever seen who really joined in the funn.......he impersinated Dolly Parton at the talent show.

I've sailed with Todd twice! I'd sail with him again in a heartbeat!!! He's fun, interactive with the passengers, we saw him all over the ship at all times of the day and night. Always willing to talk and in fact initiating conversations with "Are you all having a good time?" Very sincere about it! We sailed with him on the Conquest once and he put on a terrific Mardi Gras party!!! I actually think he's my favorite and he's great to look at!!!!

Archived