Too much to do in halifax?

A good van tour will take 4 hours.The actual drive out to Peggy's Cove is about 45 minutes each way . Factor in the paperwork of car rental, degree of confidence in the route, parking etc. and you may not do much better. Plus, the van driver will give you the history and highlights.

As there are four of you, you could pay a little more and ask that the tour be a private one. The vans will only take six people. There are also taxis at the pier who can do the tour. For them you pay per car and they charge for a minimum of three hours.

The car is no good to you downtown, really. Once back in town you really don't need a car to get from place to place. Little legs will get a workout but you might just as well call a cab for the five minute drive to the pier if needs must, or ride Fred-time permitting or even hail a rickshaw.

Here's the link to Theodore's schedule, at least from last year.

http://www.mtcw.ca/theodoretugboat/Schedules.php

You have a huge plate full there. It may come to a choice between the museum and Theodore. Depending on when you arrive ( I didn't look) you will need to be out the door and on your way by 9 to be back by noon.

That might give you some time for the museum and then Theodore. No food on that itinerary!Unless you eat at the Cove. There are also some good outdoor vendors on the boardwalk between the museum and Theodore for fish and chips etc.

You can see the boardwalk on www.halifaxwebcam.ca. There are several cameras, you want the boardwalk if it doesn't come up first. Looks pretty bleak right now. The camera is on the building Theodore belongs to. Lower brick buildings to the right are the part of the museum.

Pretty soon the signs will begin, businesses checking signage, sprucing up paint, taking in supplies. Getting ready for you!

Thanks so much for the advice....! :) I think we're in Halifax from 9-6. We were planning on eating something at the Cove and then getting something from the vendors...As for fitting it all in, thanks for the heads up. As of now, the 2 main points will be the Cove and Theodore, with the hope in getting to the Museum.:)

Question: At what time should we be back in line to board the ship? I have no clue how this all works...First time cruiser....

Is it rude to ask what date you'll be here? Just wondering if you'll be here when there is 'stuff' going on.9-6 is a decent amount of time. I believe they want you on board an hour before sailing time.

www.portofhalifax.com has a cruise ship schedule so you can see if there will be any other ships in that day.

Cruising is so much fun,I would even consider the East Coast itinerary even though it's in my own back yard so to speak.:D

Archived