Differences Between Wraps on Conquest Class

WhatWhimsey0184

Has anyone sailed in wraps on both decks 7 and 8? We have sailed in a wrap on deck 7, and absolutely LOVED it... but we were wondering if there was something deck 8 had to offer that 7 doesn't, other than only 1 flight of stairs to the lido bar :D. We are considering moving to deck 8 because it seems like it may be a little more private since there are not other balconies above to look down at you. So far, I have only seen a post advising that the balcony seem more shallow than the wraps on deck 6... any advice?:o

Check out this thread. Lots of info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1106983

Thank you so much. I have seen this thread a few times LOL. I was wanting to see if someone has done both, and if there was something worse about deck 8 from deck 7 other than a more shallow balcony. If there is not, than I would love to upgrade and receive more privacy if the rooms are the same:D

Thank you so much. I have seen this thread a few times LOL. I was wanting to see if someone has done both, and if there was something worse about deck 8 from deck 7 other than a more shallow balcony. If there is not, than I would love to upgrade and receive more privacy if the rooms are the same:D

I've had the wraps on 7 and 8. I've not been on 6 so I can't comment there.

Given free reign of the ship, I would take the wrap on 8 every time. I felt there was more privacy from above, but also from the side. If the balcony on 8 is more narrow than the one on 7 it is by millemeters. Like I said, I don't know about the width on 6.

That being said, I wouldn't turn down a deck 7 wrap, if that was what was available. They are still nice balconies!

Given free reign of the ship, I would take the wrap on 8 every time. I felt there was more privacy from above, but also from the side. If the balcony on 8 is more narrow than the one on 7 it is by millemeters. Like I said, I don't know about the width on 6.

That being said, I wouldn't turn down a deck 7 wrap, if that was what was available. They are still nice balconies!

Thanks thats helps alot...would you say the rooms are same layouts??any big differ you cld tell or remember?? lol

Also was the bal on 7 any longer or bout the same there also? thanks for info. :D

Thanks thats helps alot...would you say the rooms are same layouts??any big differ you cld tell or remember?? lol

Also was the bal on 7 any longer or bout the same there also? thanks for info. :D

The rooms are slightly different in layout from each other, and really different from an standard balcony cabin. They are almost triangle shape. There are some 'choke points' where the corner of the bed is close to the wall and doesn't give huge amounts of walk through room. It is only a problem if someone stands there (guess where DH likes to stand!) Over all, we liked the room a little better on 8 than we did on 7, but just a smidgen.

Neither room has a couch, and I kinda missed that, but the balcony is worth the inconvenience! :)

The balconies are close to the same size. On Deck 8 it is a true wrap with some on the side, some on the corner and some on the aft sections of the ship. Deck 7 only has side and corner, no aft.

I do know we had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, 2 tables and a dozen people out there with no problem and room for more!

The rooms are slightly different in layout from each other, and really different from an standard balcony cabin. They are almost triangle shape. There are some 'choke points' where the corner of the bed is close to the wall and doesn't give huge amounts of walk through room. It is only a problem if someone stands there (guess where DH likes to stand!) Over all, we liked the room a little better on 8 than we did on 7, but just a smidgen.

Neither room has a couch, and I kinda missed that, but the balcony is worth the inconvenience! :)

The balconies are close to the same size. On Deck 8 it is a true wrap with some on the side, some on the corner and some on the aft sections of the ship. Deck 7 only has side and corner, no aft.

I do know we had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, 2 tables and a dozen people out there with no problem and room for more!

All this is music to my ears, thank you so so much...looks like deck 8 it is. lol :D

Great! Thank you thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for! I willl be calling to move up to deck 8!!!:D;):):p

Archived