Attaching luggage tags

mandas08

Hi all leaving tomorrow a.m. to fly into Ft. Lauderdale for Freedom. Had a quick Q. I did search other forums but couldn't find answer.

I tape laminated the tags as others recommended now my question is how do you attach them at the hotel? Ask the front desk for stapler or do you just take tape and make sure its secure...thanks so much. First time I've ever had to print my own luggage tags :)

If you've got a hole-punch, put holes in each laminated tag. Then use one of those electrical zip-tie things to attach. I have them around anyway, since that's what I secure my luggage zippers with. Won't keep anyone serious out, but a casual rifle-thru is prevented when people go on to the next bag.

I take a dispenser of Scotch tape in my carry on bag and use that to tape the ends of the laminated luggage tags together.

I find other uses for the tape during the trip, like taping notes to the cabin steward to the mirror so he can see them.

I cover w/the packing tape, hole punch and just cut several strips of ribbon and throw them in the suitcase until we're ready to head to the port. Then, just run the ribbon thru and tie. It's worked well so far.

I know it's old-school, but I really liked getting that stuff in the mail.

We do the hole-punch thru the laminated tags and the plastic zip-ties to secure. Works great!! (except that I didn't know that there was 'wrong' way to thread the ties! 2 fell off before we left the house!:o)!

We sail in 15 days on the Triumph and oh! I'm so in need of R&R and a DOTD!

I do the tape, hole punch and zip-tie routine too.

My "twist" is that I tag them before we leave for our flight (actually met someone who last lost luggage and when it was found by the airline they sent it through to the ship because the tag was on their luggage in flight, giving ship info)

I then pack hole punched tags with a few extra zip ties just in case one of our tags comes off in flight. That way I still have some to put on before we board the ship if needed.

Archived