Express Luggage ??

CruzLuvr!

One of the airlines that is available for this service is Delta. Does anyone know if this includes Northwest as well since they have merged into one?

Also, since Carnival prints out your boarding passes and luggage tags - do you still need to check-in online within 24 hours of your flight?

Airlines vary by which port you are sailing out of. Maybe someone who has used Luggage Express on Dream can answer that question.

If you use the Luggage Express service, the staff on the ship check you in....you don't have to do it yourself. They give you your luggage tags and your boarding passes in your cabin. Check them to be sure they are correct. Might not hurt to just go online and check to make sure you are checked in with the airline, but it should already be done for you.

When we used Luggage Express on the Valor, there was a mistake and one of our passengers was not checked in correctly. However, that was over a year ago and Luggage Express was a fairly new thing. I'm sure they have got the kinks worked out by now. I would use the service again...it was very convenient. But, I will be checking everything carefully this time to make sure it is all correct BEFORE I get off the ship.

One of the airlines that is available for this service is Delta. Does anyone know if this includes Northwest as well since they have merged into one?

Also, since Carnival prints out your boarding passes and luggage tags - do you still need to check-in online within 24 hours of your flight?

We flew with Northwest/Delta and they did express checkout. It was a Princess cruise and we had to pay $20.00/bag. For that amount you put your bag outside your cabin the night before, around 6pm. The ship will have given you special tags for your luggage. That's all you do. The next morning, all you have to do is get off the ship, go through customs and board your plane. When you get to your destination airport, collect your bag/bags. Believe me, it was worth every penny. Good luck, smooth sailing

We have a 11:20 AM flight out of MIA. Would luggage express be available for that early of a flight?? I'm stressing out about having to check in 24 hrs in advance, knowing that the other 2000+ passengers on the ship have to do the same thing. I'm thinking the computers would be pretty hard to get at.

If we could do luggage express, that is a whole lotta stress I stop having!!:D

Thanks

Valor ~ we used Luggage Express a couple of years ago on the Valor. At that time, AirTran WAS one of the airlines available out of MIA. I would think it still is.

The earliest time that you could have a flight out of MIA and still use Luggage Express was listed as 11:30 am. However, maybe if you went to the Purser's desk and asked, they would still let you use it for an 11:20 am flight. I would do that EARLY in the cruise, maybe even on embarkation day.

Archived