Carnival ship time, port time and Stingray Sailing?

jipjiprocks

To anyone who has previously used Stingray Sailings (or even another operator) does Carnival keep Florida time when departing from a FL port? I am told FL time and Grand Cayman time are the same. We are in port from 8-3 and want to book Stingray Sailing excursion that runs from 9:15-1:15? Is this do-able? How much of a hassle is the tender process? Is it time consuming?

Yes, Carnival keeps FL time when departing from a FL port.

Depends what time of year you are cruising whether ship time and GC time are the same. Right now they are but after daylight savings time begins (here) in March FL time will be an hour ahead of GC time since they don't observe DST

Don't know about the time, on RCCL you change the clocks to port time, but tendering was easy. We were the only ship in port that day so I am not sure what happens if it is busier. We took Stingray Sailing and had a lot of fun, even though the weather was not great. Their boat is only about 15 minutes from the port and they have a nice van to take you over and back. You should e-mail them any concerns you have, or you can call them, because they seem to know the schedules of the ships and should be able to tell you if you can fit them in that day. They don't want you to miss the ship because they rely on their reputation on board like this for their business.

Carnival stays on the same time zone as whatever port you left. For example, we left on the Legend from Tampa, so we stayed on Eastern time the whole trip. Carnival makes it a point to remind passangers repeatedly that you stay on ship time in port. So, unless told differnt by Carnival when you get on the ship, you're going to stay on Eastern time the whole trip.

My DH and I did the same Stingray Sailing tour you're look at in Grand Cayman and absolutely loved it! The timing is great because you have time before and after the tour to do shopping or looking around. The company is extremely professional. We were back in port by 1:15. The bus out to the dock will probably be full, but it is air conditioned and in great condition. The catamaran is very nice, and the operators have it stocked with free water. The captain and first mate are very fun and knowledgeable. They even got my DH to kiss a stingray! I would absolutely recommend the tour.

• 1 month later...

:confused: HELP!!!!!!

I can't seem to figure out this site. I have questions to ask about cruising, I'm planning one for my honeymoon and am clueless......:(:confused::confused::confused:

If I am landing in Ft. Lauderdale at 12:30p, will it be enough time to make it to the port that is 2.5 miles away for a ship that departs at 4:00p??????

:confused: HELP!!!!!!

I can't seem to figure out this site. I have questions to ask about cruising, I'm planning one for my honeymoon and am clueless......:(:confused::confused::confused:

If I am landing in Ft. Lauderdale at 12:30p, will it be enough time to make it to the port that is 2.5 miles away for a ship that departs at 4:00p??????

IF your plane lands at 12:30, you have time. You must be checked in by 2:30. It only takes 15 minutes by taxi from the airport to the port. Of course, that is after you have claimed your luggage.

BUT, any flight delay could cause you to miss the ship. If you are coming from Newark, flights are often late. In my opinion, that is cutting it way too close. I usually fly in the day before. At the very least take an earlier flight.

Ok thanks for the tips. We will not be flying in the night before, it'll be our wedding night. :D We are aware of how early we may have to get up the morning after our wedding, but we don't really care. We're just worried about missing the ship!

How long would you say it takes to 'check-in' with the ship. I'm talking from the moment you step out of the taxi?? I just have no idea what to expect with all this. Looks like I'm going to have to find an earlier flight :(

Archived