Vow Renewal on the Legend

Chowder_17

Does anyone happen to know when Vow Renewals are done on the ship? I have booked a renewal while on our cruise and was told that we have to speak with Guest Relations after we board to schedule the renewal. It is not done at embarkment like weddings are. We will be on the Legend setting sail on 02/07/09 and the schedule is as follows:

Sun, Feb 7: Tampa, FL

Mon, Feb 8: Fun Day at Sea

Tues, Feb 9: Grand Cayman

Wed, Feb 10: Cozumel

Thurs, Feb 11: Belize

Fri, Feb 12: Roatan

Sat, Feb 13: Fun Day at Sea

Sun, Feb 14: Tampa, FL

We were hoping to do it on our actual anniversery, which is the 11th. We have booked shore excursions and the supper club that night and if the renewal happens during one of them I wanted to know in advance to re-schedule. Thanks for the help!

I had contacted them by email this past summer, and was Vow Renewals are done on Sea Days only, at the location on the ship of their choice.

I heard that as well, but on the bottom of the Vow Renewal pamplet it says: "We will be unable to grant requests to perform the ceremony on Embarkation days or Formal nights". Aren't the formal nights typically on the sea days? I'm confused....

From my experience of attending 3 and planning my own vow renewal... it appears that Carnival usually schedules them for the last sea day.

Since your itinerary only has two sea days, my guess is that it will be on the second sea day.... regardless of formal night. It's at the Captain's availability so I'm guessing it would be close to 3 or 4pm.

We did the miracle out of new york in 2008 for our 25th wedding anniversary. We couldn't travel in June (actual time of anniversary) so, for us, date did not matter. DH believes it was 3rd day of cruise (sea day). I'd have to look at beautiful bound certificate they gave us to be sure. We were indeed contacted by guest relations. We met with our contact and she gave us dates to choose from. Since supper club wanted two days notice I thought we wouldn't get reservation there but, when I explained we were at the mercy of captain's schedule, they accomodated us.

I have to say all the staff regarding this were fantastic. With an itinerary out of Florida that shortens sea days I honestly can't see why they wouldn't be able to work with the date for you. We did our vows had pictures taken, stopped at the atrium bar for a few drinks and then had dinner at the supper club. They give you a cake at the ceremony which 6 of us couldn't eat at one sitting so they sent it up to the supper club for us. There were 4 of us for dinner and we asked he staff to offer everyone else there that evening a piece of our cake (delicious by the way).

I worried to as I wanted everything just right. They exceeded my expectations.

Enjoy and please post when you get back

Kathy

pamphlet is definitely confusing as I remember it being a formal night when we renewed. There were also 3 other couples renewing as well.

For price poster ours was $285 and included cake, and souvenier champagne glasses.

They did our ceremony in the wedding chapel. We also paid for a video of ceremony $175 or $199. Well worth it as this was not heard of 26 years ago for weddings. DH did it up right for us as our original wedding was done on a shoe string budget.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/weddings/pdf/vowrenewal08-09.pdf?icid=CC_Weddings_52

This link has the details. I recommend setting this up in advance with Carnival's Wedding Dept. although one of the renewals we attended was done on the fly (it was advertised in the Capers). 1-800-933-4968 Besides, setting up in advance gives you time to plan and shop for an outfit/dress!

IMO, very worth it and well done.... and of course, sentimental!

A few tips: Bring someone along to snap photos cuz Carnival's are expensive, make sure to ask Carnival's photographer to get pictures of the couple outside of the room of the ceremony (main staircase, on deck), and get some beautiful silk flowers for your bouquet as a reminder.

There are a couple good threads in the Honeymoon/Wedding section of CC about Vow Renewal.

Ok. So it seems that it will be on one of the sea days, despite the fact that it would be a formal night (kinda sad that we can't do it on our actual anniversery, which is in port). So, it probably will be before the formal night dinner, which is nice since we will already be dressed. With that being said I won't have to reschedule any excursions or the steakhouse.

Archived