Best SNUBA excursion on Cozumel, and what non-participants can do in the meantime?

jasper63

We just returned from Chankanaab and my husband did the Discover Scuba. Is this is the same thing as SNUBA? It is the one where you go down about 20 to 30 feet with your guide and do not have to be certified? If it is the same thing, then I can highly recommend it. My husband loves it and this was his 4th time over the years doing this at Chankanaab. He did it in other places before but feels that Chankanaab is by far the best. He said that you go into this cave-type thing which is very nice which he has done on other trips. He always sees lots of amazing things and his guide has always been very good. You receive a 10 - 15 minute mini lesson and learn the hand signals. You go about for about 50 minutes and it is easy to get out and not far. I relaxed on the hammocks while he was out. Chankanaab is very beautiful and relaxing.

We just returned from Chankanaab and my husband did the Discover Scuba. Is this is the same thing as SNUBA? It is the one where you go down about 20 to 30 feet with your guide and do not have to be certified? If it is the same thing, then I can highly recommend it. My husband loves it and this was his 4th time over the years doing this at Chankanaab. He did it in other places before but feels that Chankanaab is by far the best. He said that you go into this cave-type thing which is very nice which he has done on other trips. He always sees lots of amazing things and his guide has always been very good. You receive a 10 - 15 minute mini lesson and learn the hand signals. You go about for about 50 minutes and it is easy to get out and not far. I relaxed on the hammocks while he was out. Chankanaab is very beautiful and relaxing.

Thanks for posting. Sounds like that was SNUBA, where you are attached to an air tank that floats on the water's surface. Glad to hear your husband enjoyed it enough to do it several times.

Archived