sunset grande

Karencruiser43

We just bought day passes- We leave this weekend, so I can't tell you how it was yet, but the pass cost $60 and we paid $9 for the transfer- they sent us an email with our passes and also info stating that a driver would be at the pier at 0900 when we docked - it looked like a fun place- we have never been to Jamaica and felt hesitant about finding our own way to the resort (though the web site says it is walking distance) by the way, that's $69 each, not total-

• 2 weeks later...
We just bought day passes- We leave this weekend, so I can't tell you how it was yet, but the pass cost $60 and we paid $9 for the transfer- they sent us an email with our passes and also info stating that a driver would be at the pier at 0900 when we docked - it looked like a fun place- we have never been to Jamaica and felt hesitant about finding our own way to the resort (though the web site says it is walking distance) by the way, that's $69 each, not total-

Hi Lucy12;

Did you enjoy your cruise?

And what do you think of Sunset grande in Ocho Rios? Is it worth the $69?

We are going in 5 weeks and I would like to know your impressions of the place before I book.

You can e-mail me too if it is more convenient .

Thanks

stefanny28@hotmail.com

Hi Lucy12;

Did you enjoy your cruise?

And what do you think of Sunset grande in Ocho Rios? Is it worth the $69?

We are going in 5 weeks and I would like to know your impressions of the place before I book.

You can e-mail me too if it is more convenient .

Thanks

stefanny28@hotmail.com

hi there, I just came back from the Western Caribbean and Ocho Rios Jamaica. We paid $69 with Transfers ($60 without transfers) Paif for it on Jamaicaforaday.com Stuart took care of our group, I was worried not knowing a whole lot about the place, did some research but you never know what to really expect. We had 17 people there and every single person said they LOVED the place, Even the non-drinkers, We got there about 9:45 am, it was right across from the ship that was docked, (Freedom of the Seas) The shuttle driver asked us what time we wanted to go back, all aboard was 4:15 so, we said 3, should of stayed till 4, it's 5 minutes from the ship. I couldn't believe how friendly the staff was, it was Adam's 40th birthday, they greeted us and gave adam and big hug. they gave us wristbands and told us to have fun, Lunch buffet started at 12:30 -2:30 but you could order burgers/fries, grilled cheeses, chicken sandwiches, had a ice cream do it yourself station by the pool closest to the ocean in the rear by the volleyball nets, (Good Burgers too) the Buffet was really good, I didn't expect the variety that was on it, good food and desserts, they have 5 pools and in differnt shapes, Large pools too with waterfalls in some of them. At least 2 of them had swim up bars with like 8 stools in the water. Ok, the unlimited drinks....I would think they would be weak since they are unlimited, Oh boy not the case at all, Find Monica (bartender) and ask her for the Monica Special, it's a frozen drink that we all loved. beer (red Stripe) was on tap, and you could get any kind of drink, frozen or on the rocks that you wanted. The place was very clean, bring money if you want to buy something from the gift shop, not bad prices either, I wanted googles for the water, only were $4. the beach is nice too, lounge chairs, umbrellas are included, jet ski's are about $85 for 35 minutes, when i said no, they said deal?? $65 They were a little pushy, not sure if they were with the hotel or not.

This was a surprise, when we went to eat, they had a section roped off for our group with baloons and a large cake for Adam's birthday, a big round one big enough for all 17 of us.

They really treated us great.

They have 2 water slides, only did the green one, empties into one of the pools, it was a riot.

Well, if you can't tell, I highly recommend this place, well worth the money, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'll check back here or email me at travelken1@yahoo.com

Sorry this was so long...hope it helped.

hi there, I just came back from the Western Caribbean and Ocho Rios Jamaica. We paid $69 with Transfers ($60 without transfers) Paif for it on Jamaicaforaday.com Stuart took care of our group, I was worried not knowing a whole lot about the place, did some research but you never know what to really expect. We had 17 people there and every single person said they LOVED the place, Even the non-drinkers, We got there about 9:45 am, it was right across from the ship that was docked, (Freedom of the Seas) The shuttle driver asked us what time we wanted to go back, all aboard was 4:15 so, we said 3, should of stayed till 4, it's 5 minutes from the ship. I couldn't believe how friendly the staff was, it was Adam's 40th birthday, they greeted us and gave adam and big hug. they gave us wristbands and told us to have fun, Lunch buffet started at 12:30 -2:30 but you could order burgers/fries, grilled cheeses, chicken sandwiches, had a ice cream do it yourself station by the pool closest to the ocean in the rear by the volleyball nets, (Good Burgers too) the Buffet was really good, I didn't expect the variety that was on it, good food and desserts, they have 5 pools and in differnt shapes, Large pools too with waterfalls in some of them. At least 2 of them had swim up bars with like 8 stools in the water. Ok, the unlimited drinks....I would think they would be weak since they are unlimited, Oh boy not the case at all, Find Monica (bartender) and ask her for the Monica Special, it's a frozen drink that we all loved. beer (red Stripe) was on tap, and you could get any kind of drink, frozen or on the rocks that you wanted. The place was very clean, bring money if you want to buy something from the gift shop, not bad prices either, I wanted googles for the water, only were $4. the beach is nice too, lounge chairs, umbrellas are included, jet ski's are about $85 for 35 minutes, when i said no, they said deal?? $65 They were a little pushy, not sure if they were with the hotel or not.

This was a surprise, when we went to eat, they had a section roped off for our group with baloons and a large cake for Adam's birthday, a big round one big enough for all 17 of us.

They really treated us great.

They have 2 water slides, only did the green one, empties into one of the pools, it was a riot.

Well, if you can't tell, I highly recommend this place, well worth the money, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'll check back here or email me at travelken1@yahoo.com

Sorry this was so long...hope it helped.

Hi Ken and Adam;

Thank you so much for all the infos.

We will also be going to Sunset Jamaica Grande on March 3rd, which is my husband and daughter's birthday.

How do I let the resort know that it is a special day for DH and DD?

Should I call them and mention it? Or do I mention it when I get to the resort?

Did you have to pay anything extra for the balloons and cake?

Is there a person that takes care of these things and if yes, what is his/her name?

Thank you again for your very informative review

Stefanny

Hi Ken and Adam;

Thank you so much for all the infos.

We will also be going to Sunset Jamaica Grande on March 3rd, which is my husband and daughter's birthday.

How do I let the resort know that it is a special day for DH and DD?

Should I call them and mention it? Or do I mention it when I get to the resort?

Did you have to pay anything extra for the balloons and cake?

Is there a person that takes care of these things and if yes, what is his/her name?

Thank you again for your very informative review

Stefanny

Hi Stefanny, Did you book the resort day thru Jamaicaforaday.com? if so the guy I dealt with was stuart, his email is Stuart@JamaicaForaDay.com

There was no charge for the balloons or cake, it was a total surprise, not sure if it was because we had 17 people there or not, but it was very much appreciated.

they did a great job.

When you booked the pass for the resort, how did you book the transportation to go there? Or did you just get a cab on your own?

Hi Marie51;

I booked with jamaicaforaday and also booked the transfer with them for $69/person.

I figure it may be easier than trying to find a reliable taxi at the port.

We'll be there on march 3rd, with the liberty.

If you want, I'll let you know how it was when I come back.

Stefanny

When you booked the pass for the resort, how did you book the transportation to go there? Or did you just get a cab on your own?

when you book it online at jamaicaforaday dot com you have the option to pay $60 without transfers or $69 with round-trip transfers, The transfer people were right there to pick us up at the dock and asked what time we wanted to go back to the ship, they were there right on time.. Wouldn't hestitate to go back there at all.

Archived