The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

I just took care of the last thing to do for our cruise out of PC...booking transportation with Beachline Shuttle...he was very Pleased that they are recommended here on CC--very pleasant guy Glen, i am sure we will be HAPPY with their service:) THANKS SHIRLEY;)

Hello Starfish - you made a very good choice and Glenn is a super person to work with -

Good luck and enjoy the beginning a of great time.

Stay safe :-)

Which rental car company would be the cheapest to use for a family of 5 flying into MCO and then we would drop off the car at Port Canaveral on the day of sailing.

Thanks for any info!

Hello Kiraryker,

You can go to post #295 and you will find a list of choices - you can drop the rental at their office and take their shuttle to the port.

Good luck and enjoy

Hello Ms. Shirley

First of all thank you for all the info that you post in this board. I have a couple of questions for you. We are flying into Orlando a day before our cruise, planning to stay in Cocoa beach. Don't know if we are renting a car or using a shuttle yet. Just in case we don't rent a car, what would be the easiest way around Cocoa beach. We don't have a hotel either I'm still looking and we do want to go to mass on sunday. What hotels would you recommend? we are a family of 4 (two daughters 8 &9 yrs). We are doing our trip this comming March and this would be our first time doing a Disney Cruise and going to WDW on our way back. We are also looking for transportation to WDW don't want to use Disney transp. too expensive. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

P.S. already read post 295.

Hello Ms. Shirley

First of all thank you for all the info that you post in this board. I have a couple of questions for you. We are flying into Orlando a day before our cruise, planning to stay in Cocoa beach. Don't know if we are renting a car or using a shuttle yet. Just in case we don't rent a car, what would be the easiest way around Cocoa beach. We don't have a hotel either I'm still looking and we do want to go to mass on sunday. What hotels would you recommend? we are a family of 4 (two daughters 8 &9 yrs). We are doing our trip this comming March and this would be our first time doing a Disney Cruise and going to WDW on our way back. We are also looking for transportation to WDW don't want to use Disney transp. too expensive. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

P.S. already read post 295.

Hello fab4

Well if you have read post 295, I really don't know how to answer except that the Best Western and Days Inn are right across the street from Our Savior's Church - post 295 has the mass schedule - as for getting around if you don't rent a car is trolley which travels just about everywhere - that is also on post 295 and as for my own thoughts, I really believe you will be better off renting a car since it would give you more freedom to get around and see the area.

Good luck and have a magical cruise

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for all the information on this thread. We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites and took advantage of the parking deal and the free shuttle. We enjoyed the hotel and the breakfast was great along with the service. The shuttle service was great.

We also went to Grills the night before our cruise and had a wonderful dinner with a live band. Lots of fun and a good chance to meet fellow cruisers.

We had a great cruise on the Freedom.

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for all the information on this thread. We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites and took advantage of the parking deal and the free shuttle. We enjoyed the hotel and the breakfast was great along with the service. The shuttle service was great.

We also went to Grills the night before our cruise and had a wonderful dinner with a live band. Lots of fun and a good chance to meet fellow cruisers.

We had a great cruise on the Freedom.

Thank you so much for your input - the CI&S is a nice place and they have a great staff to work with - So you did get out to Grill's - now that is one way to get hepped up for a cruise, good food, good music and good friends and just the way to relax and enjoy.

Thank you again for sharing and thank you for allowing us to show you a great time.

Blessings always

Shirley, or whoever can help...

I am arranging a cruise for my daughter and 4 friends in March on the Monarch. I am planning to have Travelynx pick them up at the airport in Orlando. That will be about 6:30 pm. I want a nice hotel close to the port for them to stay, and have been looking at the Radisson, Country Inn and Suites, and Residence Inn. It is one of the girls birthdays on that day, so i would like them to be close enough to a restaurant/ bar to enjoy themselves that evening, since they won't have had anything to eat since their flight at noon. I also want easy transportation for them to the port, so I don't have to worry about them getting to the ship. Please give me your recommendations as to which hotel to book..I am so nervous..I just want everything to be perfect for them. Thank you so much for all your help!

Just touching base. We will be heading to airport hotel Sunday and flying out Monday. Everything ready to go and garden and pool down now, so just killing time till we leave. See u Monday or Tues Shirley and Norm. We are soooo ready for this vacation. LOL Joe P from the Raddison has also been in contact with me yesterday. He is such a thoughtful and great person to call a friend. I wouldnt stay any where else. See ya soon!

Hugs, Berna and Larry

I am arranging a cruise for my daughter and 4 friends in March on the Monarch. I am planning to have Travelynx pick them up at the airport in Orlando. That will be about 6:30 pm. I want a nice hotel close to the port for them to stay, and have been looking at the Radisson, Country Inn and Suites, and Residence Inn. It is one of the girls birthdays on that day, so i would like them to be close enough to a restaurant/ bar to enjoy themselves that evening, since they won't have had anything to eat since their flight at noon. I also want easy transportation for them to the port, so I don't have to worry about them getting to the ship. Please give me your recommendations as to which hotel to book..I am so nervous..I just want everything to be perfect for them. Thank you so much for all your help!

I am heading down that way this next week and we always stay at the Raddison. Their pool is so nice and HUGE and the GM JoePthere is so helpfull if the girls need any help. He has all the answers to questions or problems. And the grounds are immaculant. There is Kelseys pizza right next door we always eat at at least once, very good food and also subway BK and Mcd's also have zachery's on other side of hotel that has good food. Raddison also shuttles to the port and u can call as soon as reservations are made to get on shuttle list. Shirley might add more to this, as this is just our experience. She is a great gal so full of info and she wont quide u wrong. She makes us feel like family when we are there. Have fun planning and the area i feel very safe in. Berna

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has just come to my attention that credit card numbers are being stolen and used here. I found out about it when a customer called to say that charges appeared on her statement that she didn't make and did not recognize the name the delivery was made to. In tracing it on down, she hired a transportation company out of Orlando, gave her credit card number and the charges started appearing one month after the fact. My suggestion to you is to ask any one that is writing your number down as to how they are handling your CC number and how is it disposed of. I am not going to name the Limo service from Orlando at this time until we can find out how the number was confiscated - just be extremely careful ok?

thanks

Edited by snelsonbrown

Hello Madre (I am one also a "few" times over :)

Anyhow my thoughts is that the Radisson has a little more to do for the girls for they have a nice restaurant, bar and music - they have a great pool area and a Tiki Bar there also

The Radisson will provide shuttle service to the port for them - as a mom, I can understand your concern, but listen it is really safe here and they can always call on the GM Joe P who will watch over them - if you have any concern, you can drop him an email at jpanackia@radissonport.com and he will set your mind at ease - Now also both of the other hotels are super nice and they have great GM's also so really they will fine at all 3.

If I can help further, just let me know ok or drop me a note at snelsonbrown at aol dot com.

Good luck

Just touching base. We will be heading to airport hotel Sunday and flying out Monday. Everything ready to go and garden and pool down now, so just killing time till we leave. See u Monday or Tues Shirley and Norm. We are soooo ready for this vacation. LOL Joe P from the Raddison has also been in contact with me yesterday. He is such a thoughtful and great person to call a friend. I wouldnt stay any where else. See ya soon!

Hugs, Berna and Larry

Hey Berna,

Looking forward to seeing ya soon

Hugssssssss

Hello Kiraryker,

You can go to post #295 and you will find a list of choices - you can drop the rental at their office and take their shuttle to the port.

Good luck and enjoy

Thank you! Do you know about how long it takes to get from the pier to the Orlando Int airport? We get in on the Carnival Dream 8AM and our flight is at 12:22PM - I am hoping we can get our family of 5 into a rental car or shuttle maybe?? and get to the airport in time??

Thank you! Do you know about how long it takes to get from the pier to the Orlando Int airport? We get in on the Carnival Dream 8AM and our flight is at 12:22PM - I am hoping we can get our family of 5 into a rental car or shuttle maybe?? and get to the airport in time??

From the port to MCO is 46 miles and a straight shot so you shouldn't have any problems.

You can use a rental car who does have shuttles at the port to their rental office such as Hertz, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, Avis and Enterprise all within a couple of miles apart -

Then you have shuttles and limo service such as Beachline, Travelynx, Viplimo, Mears to name a few that can also help. You can do a search and look for those that have had good reviews.

Good luck

One more question...do you think the girls will be better off using the Travelynx 14 passenger van to go back to the Orlando airport, or the RCCL bus. RCCL is more expensive...but they have to make their flight, and I was just wondering which would be best and more reliable...any ideas on this?

One more question...do you think the girls will be better off using the Travelynx 14 passenger van to go back to the Orlando airport, or the RCCL bus. RCCL is more expensive...but they have to make their flight, and I was just wondering which would be best and more reliable...any ideas on this?

What you do want madre is a straight shot shuttle simply because a lot of times, the shuttles stop to pick up passengers - I like Travelynx and I also like Viplimo and Beachline - I like most of them in fact.

You can do a search and write them all an email for I know there are emails in here for all of them and they will make you feel more secure in their comments.

Let me know what you decide ok? I do understand your concern - you can drop me a note and I will give you my cell phone number in case they have a problem - snelsonbrown at aol dot com

I am traveling solo with no car. I am staying at the Doubletree Cocoa Beach. Will I be able to walk to liquor store, grocery store, restaurants safely?

I am planning on calling VIPlimo for a private car from MCO. This isn't the company having trouble with the credit cards is it?

Thank you so much for your continued help!!

I am traveling solo with no car. I am staying at the Doubletree Cocoa Beach. Will I be able to walk to liquor store, grocery store, restaurants safely?

I am planning on calling VIPlimo for a private car from MCO. This isn't the company having trouble with the credit cards is it?

Thank you so much for your continued help!!

Hello missbogota, FIRST AND FOREMOST NO THE LIMO COMPANY IS BASED IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA -

Now at Doubletree you have a Publix Grocery store settled in a small shopping - there is several places to eat in that small shopping mall - now Publix carries wine and beer but no hard liquor so you would have to catch a cab to go to ABC Liquor which is about 1/2 miles SOUTH of the Doubletree - you should have no problems.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will enjoy Michael with vip for he will give you a lot of information as to what to do and what not to do.

Good luck