The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hey Shirley and Preston.......just returned this past Thursday from our wonderful Disney Dream cruise.....it was fantastic!!!!

Boy did we luck out with the lovebugs!!!! Since we didn't arrive until 9:00pm that Saturday we only started getting some about 20 miles out. (my hubby took the car & got it washed as soon as we arrived). When we left we didn't run into any!!! Now how lucky is that????

We look forward to being back in your area in October!!! Thanks a million for all the help!!!!

Dianne I was in Europe and did not see one except in my living room when I got back. I heard they were so thick they kept automatic sensors open on doors in stores.

Dianne I was in Europe and did not see one except in my living room when I got back. I heard they were so thick they kept automatic sensors open on doors in stores.

Wow only 100 post from 5000. Shirley it feels so good to know we have helped so many people!

Wow only 100 post from 5000. Shirley it feels so good to know we have helped so many people!

More than you realize my friend - this thread is popular and if the search is done correctly, all the answers are here and all thanks to you for starting it a second time around :)

Glad you had the chance to get away for awhile - when you can, give us all the scoop

More than you realize my friend - this thread is popular and if the search is done correctly, all the answers are here and all thanks to you for starting it a second time around :)

Glad you had the chance to get away for awhile - when you can, give us all the scoop

It was a great trip. 4 planes, 10 trains, several busses, many cabs, one ship, and many miles on foot. Tired! Spain was amazing and we got to see several Picasso's. In Italy we saw the statue of David. I did not know it is 17' tall. We also saw the Leaning Tower of Piza and it was amazing. In Rome we saw all the sights including the Vatican. My favorite was Corsica a small town off the coast of France. Now where to go next? I think we will stay closer to home. Maybe a road trip through New England in the fall!

Nice to be home!

looking for feedback on the Courtyard Marriott in Cocoa Beach...with their fly, snooze, and cruise package. How is the hotel and their transportation. Wasn't sure if it was a hassle with the transportation company or if I should look into a private service like VIP Limo?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

It was a great trip. 4 planes, 10 trains, several busses, many cabs, one ship, and many miles on foot. Tired! Spain was amazing and we got to see several Picasso's. In Italy we saw the statue of David. I did not know it is 17' tall. We also saw the Leaning Tower of Piza and it was amazing. In Rome we saw all the sights including the Vatican. My favorite was Corsica a small town off the coast of France. Now where to go next? I think we will stay closer to home. Maybe a road trip through New England in the fall!

Nice to be home!

Preston did you leave out of Barcelona??

looking for feedback on the Courtyard Marriott in Cocoa Beach...with their fly, snooze, and cruise package. How is the hotel and their transportation. Wasn't sure if it was a hassle with the transportation company or if I should look into a private service like VIP Limo?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

We have always had good luck with any of the Marriot hotels. We have stayed in various Courtyards and have had no complaints.

On post #862 - Shirley has summarized information about the area and has info on the Courtyard. We will be staying there pre cruise in July - I can report back then.

Thank you...another question, how is the transportation if I book a fly, snooze, cruise package vs. private transportation. Don't mind paying extra for private transportation through VIP Executive Limo if the hotel transportation is going to be a mess and lots of people.

What are your experience with that?

Thanks

Thank you...another question, how is the transportation if I book a fly, snooze, cruise package vs. private transportation. Don't mind paying extra for private transportation through VIP Executive Limo if the hotel transportation is going to be a mess and lots of people.

What are your experience with that?

Thanks

I would ask the hotel who they use and contact them directly. My guess you will have to wait for a bus to fill.

Preston, we are staying at the radisson but I am now a bit concerned as I have heard that the shuttle they provide can be a bit of a cluster.... can you say that it is better to get a cab versus doing the package that includes a shuttle?

We decided to stay at the Radisson and use their park and shuttle service based on the recomendations I read on CC. Well, it was a big cluster on the return from the FOS this Sunday. We got to the Radisson shuttle pickup area with our luggage at 8:30 AM and checked in with the Radisson rep. A small shuttle had just pulled away. We were advised another was on the way. After 30 minutes went by still no shuttle and the waiting crowd was starting to grow. The rep was constantly on the phone I assume to check where the shuttles were. By this time it was getting hot in the sun and people were starting to get impatient. Some older folks had the rep get them a cab.

We had someone waiting for us at the Radisson and they advised us by cell phone that the shuttles were coming and going so we couldn't figure out what was going on. At around the 45 minute mark we were finally told that the shuttles were going to the other ships and getting full and were not able to stop at the FOS dock. My group was getting a little cranky about this time because we wanted to get a decent start on the drive home.

Almost an hour into the wait another shuttle company van pulls into the slot. I would guess by this time the waiting crowd had grown to about 100 folks. Shortly after that one Radisson van pulls up sort of outside the slot area. We were advised to drag our bags over too it. Just as we get there the traffic director person comes over and tells the driver he can't park/load there. Everyone has to lug their bags back over to the sidewalk...meanwhile the others behind have moved up so you can just imagine the cluster. The other van had to back out and the Radisson shuttle finally pulls in at the 1 hour mark. By this time our post cruise happiness has gone away. We finally reached the Radisson cruise parking area at about 9:45.

I'm not sure if it is always like this but this experience made us come to the conclusion that if you want to get an early start on your drive home, spend the extra $100 and park at the pier.

The shuttle service going to the pier was okay, but the return not so good. I just wanted to post our frustrating experience to help others decide their parking and shuttle plans. While we were waiting we saw some of the other motel shuttles load and go several times.

We are staying 1 night pre-cruise at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort. From the website, it sounds as if you can park there for free during your cruise, but there is no mention of a shuttle. Does anyone know if they do have a shuttle to the port and the cost if any? Does anyone know what the taxi fare would be?

We are staying 1 night pre-cruise at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort. From the website, it sounds as if you can park there for free during your cruise, but there is no mention of a shuttle. Does anyone know if they do have a shuttle to the port and the cost if any? Does anyone know what the taxi fare would be?

They do not have a shuttle. A cab will be less than $15.00. Make sure you walk next door to Jetty Park.

Hello! We plan to stay at Ron Jon Resort after our cruise in August. My husband thinks that renting a car right after the cruise and driving to the hotel is a waste of money since we'll most likely stay put and have the kids enjoy the pools and beach at the hotel. The van will just "sit" at the parking lot. However, we will have a rental van for our drive back to the airport after our stay at Ron Jon's.

I heard that there are no other restaurants or grocery stores that are walking distance from the hotel. Will that be a problem not having any transportation? Is the hotel close to a bus stop, at least?

Please advise.

Hello! We plan to stay at Ron Jon Resort after our cruise in August. My husband thinks that renting a car right after the cruise and driving to the hotel is a waste of money since we'll most likely stay put and have the kids enjoy the pools and beach at the hotel. The van will just "sit" at the parking lot. However, we will have a rental van for our drive back to the airport after our stay at Ron Jon's.

I heard that there are no other restaurants or grocery stores that are walking distance from the hotel. Will that be a problem not having any transportation? Is the hotel close to a bus stop, at least?

Please advise.

Less than a mile is Portside Galley which serves breakfast and lunch to the locals and less than 2 miles to the port with 5 places to eat right on the water. I would take a couple of cabs if needed.