The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

[quote name='5280mom']We are on FOS this Sunday. Staying at Radisson Inn with a Budget rental car. Is it better to have DH return the car Sunday morning and come back to the hotel and all of us ride the hotel shuttle or easier if we all return the car and take Budget shuttle to the port? On return, what is easiest way to get to Melboure airport from the port? Called Melbourne Airport Express, unfriendly phone person and quoted $79.00 for four people... is this reasonable? Thanks for any direction! We are getting excited!!![/QUOTE]

I would det dh to drop the family and the luggae off st the port and then return the car and take the shuttle back to the port with no luggage.

Always worked for us. The port is about 1 mile from the Radisson.

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking at hotels in Cocoa Beach that offer fly, snooze, cruise packages... So far, I've found 2: Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn... Does anyone have any experiences to share on these two places and their packages? Other hotels in that area that offer same?

We really like the idea of paying one price that includes shuttle to/from MCO, shuttle to port, and hotel stay... We also like the idea of staying in Cocoa Beach where a drugstore and restaurants are close by...

Specifically, I am looking for info about the return shuttle to MCO...how flexible is the timing? Our flight is late enough that we plan to be among the last off the ship... Thereby avoiding the most of the madness of debarkation...

Also, is it reasonable to walk to nearby restaurants and a drugstore if we pick Hampton or Comfort Inn? Restaurant recommendations (it's my birthday the day we arrive... Nothing fancy, just a nice meal/ambience)...

If there are other hotel chains in the area that also offer fly, snooze, cruise I'd appreciate pricing info...

Radisson is low on our list at this point because as we remember there wasn't much nearby last time we stayed there (5 years ago)... If that's changed, we may reconsider...

Thanks.

we stayed in the hampton in sept with the package deal...it was easy and worry free..at airport we called the 800 num we were given and shuttle was there with in 10 min....at port when we got off of ship man from the shuttle company was there taking names..we waited about 20 minutes and were on our way back to airport..

The Radisson seems to be getting less than stellar reviews here lately. I'm a bit nervous that we are staying there before our cruise. However, we will arrive around 4:30 on Saturday, and we leave Sunday morning for the cruise. We have our own transportation arranged.

Can someone remind me please - I believe there is a place for us to grab dinner, yes? The hotel has a free hot breakfast, according to our reservation paperwork.

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone has booked a Fly, Snooze and Cruise package through a site called Port Canaveral Cruiser, at this link [URL="http://portcanaveralcruiser.com/hotel-deals-cocoa-beach-florida/"]http://portcanaveralcruiser.com/hote...beach-florida/[/URL]
The rates they are offering is alot less than what is available on the hotels websites...
for example, Radisson & Courtyard by Marriott at $119 , which appearently includes round trip transportation for 2 to/from Orlando Airport as well as a one night stay and Port shuttle transfers.
Sounds too good to be true..just a bit weary of a deal that sounds so good so wanted to find out if anyone has any experience booking through them
Thanks

jamida...

I was just looking at that site and you're right... It does sound too good to be true... And you know what they say about something that sounds too good to be true;)

I'm going to call them today and ask a ton of questions... And hopefully, one of the regulars from this thread will post their knowledge...

From what I see they are about $100 less than the packages from the hotels themselves... But in all honesty, I'm surprised no one has jumped on this business idea before... At those rates, I'm wondering how thèy make a profit... Hence the "too good to be true" vibe...

I'll post back later tonight with what I find out when I call...

Hi Amy Bear
THANKS.That would be great, I emailed the info link on the site but have not yet gotten a reply. There has to be some catch.

I saw your previous post about looking for a all in package. I have emailed about 6 hotels in the area, have gotten 3 responses, including a call from a very friendly Taylor at the Radisson, she tells me that there is a city trolley which goes by the hotel every 1/2 hour for $1.25 per person. It goes up and down teh strip and stops at places like Ron Jons. She also said there is some great places to dine within walking distance of the hotel, she also said the beach was only a mile away, so still within walking distance if you are up for that.

Be happy to share the quotes/info I have gotten so far if you are interested
Michelle

[quote name='jamida']Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone has booked a Fly, Snooze and Cruise package through a site called Port Canaveral Cruiser, at this link [URL="http://portcanaveralcruiser.com/hotel-deals-cocoa-beach-florida/"]http://portcanaveralcruiser.com/hote...beach-florida/[/URL]
The rates they are offering is alot less than what is available on the hotels websites...
for example, Radisson & Courtyard by Marriott at $119 , which appearently includes round trip transportation for 2 to/from Orlando Airport as well as a one night stay and Port shuttle transfers.
Sounds too good to be true..just a bit weary of a deal that sounds so good so wanted to find out if anyone has any experience booking through them
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Look at the fine print on the bottom of the web page...looks like you'll be subject to a timeshare spiel...

Yep... Timeshare schpiel confirmed! :) I knew there had to be something...

Oddly enough, DH and I did this exact presentation about 7 years ago... We had a ton of time to kill before our return flight, they offered us a ride back to the airport, we knew we weren't buying so we did the tour, had lunch, just kept saying no, wore them down until they hauled us back to the airport...

To be honest, I'm sure this is the right deal for some but not us... We don't have that extra time this trip...

Thanks guys...no interest in listening to the schpiel either.

Courtyard Marriott - Fly, Snooze & Cruise Package:
1 King Bed/Sofa Sleeper - $204.99 Includes transportation for 1 person - $45 for each additional guest in the room. The transportation includes the following: transfers from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the cruise port, from the cruise port back to the airport.

Radisson: $139.00 one way airport transportation for 2 people, additional $10 per person
Transportation to per the port is $4/person

Best Western Oceanfront: fly, snooze, and cruise package that includes pick up from OrlandoAirport to the hotel, your room night stay, transfers to the port the next morning and then transportation back to the airport when you arrive back from your cruise. For in standard room with 2 people in each room the rate will be $259.00 plus tax per room.

Comfort Inn has same type of deal

Thanks again jamida... I found Hampton Inn also had the deal... Same price as Comfort Inn... Still not sure who we are going with, but I set myself a deadline for end of the week to book:) Keeps me from driving myself nuts for too long trying to make a decision...

I just noticed we are sailing the same weekend except you're on the Dream and we board Freedom the next day...

Preston... This thread was invaluable to me many years ago when we first sailed from PC... So I knew I had to check it out this time around... I was glad to see it was still going...

Can you give me an opinion on a restaurant called Old Fish House? And do you think walking is feasible if we choose a hotel near there? Or would the trolley jamida mentioned be a better option? I'm assuming the trolley has hours of operation that might not work with our dinner plans...

[quote name='amybear912']Thanks again jamida... I found Hampton Inn also had the deal... Same price as Comfort Inn... Still not sure who we are going with, but I set myself a deadline for end of the week to book:) Keeps me from driving myself nuts for too long trying to make a decision...

I just noticed we are sailing the same weekend except you're on the Dream and we board Freedom the next day...

Preston... This thread was invaluable to me many years ago when we first sailed from PC... So I knew I had to check it out this time around... I was glad to see it was still going...

Can you give me an opinion on a restaurant called Old Fish House? And do you think walking is feasible if we choose a hotel near there? Or would the trolley jamida mentioned be a better option? I'm assuming the trolley has hours of operation that might not work with our dinner plans...[/QUOTE]

The Fish House has been there for years. I am not a fish person so have not been but have never heard anything bad. As for walking I would!

Just my $.02 on using a cruise shuttle from a local hotel. We have sailied from PC many times. Have stayed at the Raddisson and also next door at the Residence Inn.

We don't use the free shuttles. My experience is they turn into cattle calls with people not showing up for their appointed times, rushing to be first, etc. I certainly can't speak for everyone but I don't need that kind of aggravation to start a cruise.

The port is about 5 - 10 minutes away from any of these properties. We always call a private taxi at our leasure and arrive before any of these shuttles. Well worth the $10 bucks or so to avoid the hassle in my opinion.

I'll also add that there are typically multiple ships in port that are all loading at the same time. You might be an adult traveller on RCI but get stuck in a shuttle with a family taking the Disney cruise. If your ship happens to be the last dropoff it might take you several more minutes to get to the terminal.

[quote name='myangel']Stones902:

I totally agree with you on the shuttles! Do you know the name of a reliable taxi service I can call? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Not off the top of my head but the lobby receptionist can give you a card or there are numerous discount coupon books in each hotel lobby.

Just a note about the cattle call rides and prices for park and cruise.

In Nov of last year we did the Hampton Inn in Titusville, paid under $100 and parked at the port for a total cost of around $220 (7 night cruise). The best part? When arriving they took our checked luggage (I saw where the shuttles drop people off with luggage that has to be carried to the porters) and when leaving I was in my car within 10-15 minutes of getting off the ship... to me a no brainer. I do think they were beginning to offer a park and cruise package but I really do like having the car at the port

I just called 888 taxi for prices/info for taxi from Country Inn to Port. I told them I wanted a 9:30 pick up and they said "thats a little early". Not for me!!! :) We are Platinum and I like to get there early to at least check in,I don't mind the wait until they start boarding.

[quote name='myangel']I just called 888 taxi for prices/info for taxi from Country Inn to Port. I told them I wanted a 9:30 pick up and they said "thats a little early". Not for me!!! :) We are Platinum and I like to get there early to at least check in,I don't mind the wait until they start boarding.[/quote]

Just an FYI, we have sailed from PC before and they don't usually allow boarding until 11:00 There are chairs set aside to wait grouped according to your C & A level.

[quote name='myangel']Yes, I understand that. I am platinum and don't mind waiting. Do they have a platinum area? Thanks for the info:):)[/QUOTE]

They have an area for C&A members. We are D+. You don't get on appreciably earlier than anyone else.

Okay, I need some help. We just booked a cruise for the week of 3/30, so we are getting a late start. We are a family of 5 that is looking for a park & cruise deal. Most hotels allow us 2 shuttle passes & then extra charge for other 3. I tried calling a few places real close to the port, Radisson & Country Inn & prices were pretty high, especially paying for 3 extra family members. I tried Hampton Inn & it was the same thing. Can anyone suggest a hotel that might work better for us? Am I better off not using the shuttle & paying for a taxi? We stayed at Comfort Inn last time & did not really care for the place.