Bannister Island with Carnival? Is it offered?

World Gallery

We will be on the Carnival Triumph and it was mentioned that it is easier to go to Bannister Island with the ship because you can go straight there instead of tendering in first, then going back out again. I looked over all of the shore excursions and don't see anything that looks like it could be it. I do not see anything named, "Beach Break" or Bannister Island. Does anyone know if Carnival goes to Bannister?

I was wondering this too...

I was hoping to go there but 2 problems...

the bannister island website informs us that if you come in on a Carnival fun ship that you have to book that tour through Carnival.. But I dont see it listed on the excursions.

So I too am a bit confused here....

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm wondering if the Barrier Reef Snorkeling at Turneffe with Beach Break goes to Bannister Island. In their shore excursion book they make reference to going to a nearby caye where you can get kayaks, etc and from much of my research, you can do that at Bannister Island. Haven't ever been to Belize, so I am just guessing. Going in April on the Miracle. Would love to book with others to Caye Caulker through Coral Breezes if anyone is interested.

We went to Bannister last year and loved it. It is perfect for families or groups with children. We noticed it wasn't offered this year, so I submitted a letter to Carnival. I received a response indicating it isn't offered at this time, but there was a possiblity it would be offered after the New Year. However, I have seen nothing indicating this is the case. We go again here in March and are keeping our fingers crossed. It sure seemed to us this was one of the few excursions available with children.

To be honest too in 9 cruises this is the only excursion we have ever done thru Carnival. We did so because of the convenience of getting to Bannister directly from the ship. It sure doesn't make much sense to tender into the city, then back past the ship and back again!!!! I hope they change their minds soon!!!

Use this tour group I've used them several times and always enjoyed them, they do a wonderful job. They meet in front of the Wet Lizard Bar, just a few yards from the tender port. They cater to the cruise ships. To book with them it's a small refundable deposit and you pay cash when you arrive. i've done the Manatee Watch, Reef Snorkeling and Bannister Beach break with them twice. If you like to snorkel, this is one of the best spots in the world to do so. The first time we didn't see Manatee but several dolphins the second time we saw five maybe six Manatee.

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/tours.html?iadv=1

Have a great time

Archived