Getting a Cruise Connect Phone

Craig_K

Okay, everyone take a deep breath and relax.

Like I said, it was just the way the original post struck me. First impressions are hard to shake, and I'm not sure why I read it that way, but I did. Perhaps it was reading one too many snarky posts about why people feel entitled to other things (i.e smuggling booze, etc...), and I probably just have a hair trigger for that sort of thinking.

Furthermore, my statement was not judgmental. A judgmental statement would have been something to the effect "I think you're being overprotective by needing a phone", or "I think you're worrying too much". And for the record, those are examples, and I DO NOT think either of those about the OP.

In my opinion, Diabetes in an adolescent is not a mandate to have constant communication available while on a cruise. A diabetic getting into emergent trouble does so in one fashion: hypoglycemia. And if the diabetic is aware enough of the problem to make a telephone call, well, the more appropriate thing to do is take immediate steps to remedy the hypoglycemia. Calling a family member on a cruise ship probably isn't the best way to do that. And if the hypoglycemia is so severe that they need help, they're probably not going to be able to call anyway.

Just to clarify, I'm not against the family having the phones. But I wouldn't advise them to lose a lot of sleep over the issue.

If I offended the OP, I apologize. I wish you the best of luck managing your child's condition, and I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

If someone wants a "Wow" phone I dont understand what the problem. Go ahead and use them, use your cell phones, use your walkie talkie's or whatever else you want to use. Talk all you want on these advanced technology gadgets and talk really really loud, just to p off these people that hate them. The Oasis is so huge with so many people, that I think talkin on one of these gadgets is not going to make much difference in the noise level. Furthermore, anyone can have these on the ship, doesnt state anywhere that they are not allowed. If any poster who thinks we dont need them, too bad we are going to use them whether you like it or not!!:p

If someone wants a "Wow" phone I dont understand what the problem. Go ahead and use them, use your cell phones, use your walkie talkie's or whatever else you want to use. Talk all you want on these advanced technology gadgets and talk really really loud, just to p off these people that hate them. The Oasis is so huge with so many people, that I think talkin on one of these gadgets is not going to make much difference in the noise level. Furthermore, anyone can have these on the ship, doesnt state anywhere that they are not allowed. If any poster who thinks we dont need them, too bad we are going to use them whether you like it or not!!:p

snarky much?

We plan on renting a couple, I have a deaf daughter and it is going to be so nice to be able to text her and let her know where we are or for her letting us know where she is.

Its going to be nice not having to say, ok lets meet here at a certain time and then stand and wait for a teenager for ever. It will be so easy to comunicate with her.

Archived