Dinner seating

MyMoses

We will be cruising with our 2 year old dd on the Carnival Splendor.

Will they try and match us with another family with children or is it just randomly assigned? I hope to have dd in Camp Carnival for some of the dinners, but would prefer to have dinner mates that wouldn't mind her bring there.

From what I have read in some of the reviews/other posts, it is my understanding that they will try to match you up with another family. Could you see it now- a young couple on their honeymoon trying to have a romantic dinner gets sat at a table with a family with screaming kids (I am not saying your child would be screaming... just painting the mental image ;)).

I even think they have families all seated in the same general area...

I sure hope they seat my group with another family when we eat in the MDR... it will make it more enjoyable for the kids to maybe have another child close to their age at the table.:)

Take care,

Diana:)

LOL on the mental images this brought up.

I was wondering about this too... (I also think I will be on Splendor)especially as I'm considering going without DH. I was hoping my 2 year old and I weren't going to be stuck with a honeymooning couple gazing lovingly at each other. :D We go out to dinner quite a bit, so DS is fairly good, but would probably be very annoying for a couple looking for true peace and quiet.

I've been wondering something similar myself. We'll be 5 adults and a 2 yr old and 4 yr old. I'm actually hoping that we get an 8-top table to ourselves but keep wondering if they'll put us with a couple who has a young child.

I would think if it's just 2 adults and one child that they'd maybe put you at a table with a few other couoples who each have a young child. Just my thoughts....

We travel as a family of 5 (me DH DSx2 and my DM). Our first trip, we were put at an 8 top with a family of 3 that had a son about the same age as my oldest. That was great. The next trip. we were supposed to be at a 6 top, alone, but sat ourselves in the wrong place.:o We ended up with 3 ladies who were very nice, but only ate with us about 3-4 times. When we traveled on the Fascination, we traveled as 4, and we got a 4 top all to ourselves. And this last trip on the Glory - the converted a 4 top to 5 - and it was fine.

So, I think if they can't pair you with an age appropriate pairing, you are likely to end up with your own table.

• 2 weeks later...

all cruises we have taken with our young kids - high chairs, then booster seats were at our table waiting for us - after we requested them on the first night... just let your wait staff know.

We've cruised on Carnival and Princess - we were given our own table for all cruises. I don't think that the cruise lines put you with other parties unless you're just 2 people... they'll try to give families their own tables.

We always had a table for 4 - and my husband and I enjoyed many meals by ourselves as our kids preferred to have dinner with the kids club...:D

Our next cruise is on Celebrity and their will be 5 of us travelling - we'll be put at a table for 6 -- it will be interesting to see if they find a single traveller to fill our table out. I can't imagine that they would. but we'll see.

-Teresa

Archived