Anyone been to the Paradise Restaurant at Eden Rock lately?

Urban Chic

I'll be in Grand Cayman next month, and am wondering if the Paradise Restaurant has re-opened since Ivan struck, and if anyone has been there recently. I like the fact that it's located very near to the tenders, but am wondering if the food is good, or if you would suggest venturing out a bit further for lunch.

Please tell me about your experience at Paradise Restaurant.

Many thanks to anyone who can provide useful information:-)

Urban Chic

I didn't know the name of it, but if you're talking about the restaurant/bar that is right there at Eden Rock, I was there in December. We just had appetizers and drinks, but they were very tasty! It's kind of a wide open place with alot of tables outside and very casual. The drink menu is very extensive and the ones we tried were great! I don't know what you're looking for, but ask questions and I'll try to answer.

Thanks Lindnet.

Yes, Paradise Restaurant is located at Eden Rock (walking distance from where the tender drops off?).

Do you recall if there was "Caribbean" food, or fresh seafood on the lunch menu? Is there also a "tropical" drink menu? Can you see the ships anchored offshore from the outdoor eating area of the restaurant?

Thanks so much for your reply.

Chic

Hi Chic! Yes, if I remember correctly, they had all the seafood and caribbean favorites on the menu. And the tropical drink menu was unbelievable! They had a huge one posted on the wall and then one on every table. There had to be at least 30 drinks listed. Four of us all ordered different ones and they were all yummy!

I can't really remember about seeing the ships. We didn't sit outside because it was REALLY windy the day we were there. We had planned on doing Stingray City, but Capt Bryan's wasn't going out. So we just shopped a bit and then went there for a snack and drinks.

We must have eaten at this restaurant six years ago. After the island tour and sting ray city we asked our guide where we could go that was close for a little more snorkeling. He said Eden Rock and told us where. We ate at the little restaurant there--I think we had something mexican. They also rented snorkel equipment and though the beach there is mainly rocks the snorkeling was O.K. I don't remember there being alot of fish, however the clarity of the water was amazing. You can swim out to a reef which is frequented by divers. If the restaurant still rents snorkel equipment it is snorkeling conveniently close to the ships tenders.

Archived