Reserving Bus tranfer ?

scubajeff

I have a question about booking the bus transfer for my next cruise. I am on the NCL Sea next week and I called NCL to book the bus transfer. After "accidentally hanging up on me after being on hold for 20 minutes, they said they could not make the reservation for me because I booked my cruise through expedia, I had to do it through them. Is this what others have run into?????

I fly in the night before and I am staying at on of the airport hotels at IAH. I figured I can just go back to the hotel and catch the transfer.

I have a question about booking the bus transfer for my next cruise. I am on the NCL Sea next week and I called NCL to book the bus transfer. After "accidentally hanging up on me after being on hold for 20 minutes, they said they could not make the reservation for me because I booked my cruise through expedia, I had to do it through them. Is this what others have run into?????

I fly in the night before and I am staying at on of the airport hotels at IAH. I figured I can just go back to the hotel and catch the transfer.

That's the way it works. You need to call Expedia. They control your booking. Transfers need to booked with your TA unless you booked direct with NCL. Same story if you wanted to change cabins or upgrade. NCL pays the TA a % to handle your booking and any changes.

For our recent Dawn cruise, I looked up the details for the bus on NCL's website, and after reviewing two options available for me in Connecticut, New Haven and Hartford, I called the NCL number on the website and made my reservation.

When I asked how I would receive a confirmation or receipt, the guy told me he could not give me either, but gave me a number to call the next day. I actually called a different number by mistake, a high level admin. office, and was told I should have booked the bus transfer through my TA. I sure wish I had done that, as it took me about a month to eventually get a receipt for two of the four passengers in our party, but was assured early on that we were on the manifest. I was still a little nervous up until I stepped on the bus, as there were discussions going on at NCL and on this board about the transfer busses being cancelled.

Since we returned, I haven't heard anything about the busses here in the Northeast.

If I have to do it again, I will make the reservation through my TA!!

Archived