Have never cruised!!

moto9

I cruised February friends the next week and others the week after we will all go again. Ignore negative reports we all had great time.]

Thanks for those encouraging words. :cool: So many on this site have been on IE more than once - they must be doing something right! We are really looking forward to our cruise now after being more than a little apprehensive at first - thanks to this site & all who take the time to report. :D

Don't be worried. We got back from our first cruise on Island Escape a fortnight ago. Like you we were apprehensive about going after reading some of the terrible reviews. We were really pleasantly surprised as we boarded to see how nice the public areas were. We had a cabin on deck 9 which was quite near to everything and we didn't use the lifts very often. I think the Island Escape is a good first time cruise ship and the negative reports are from people who have been on posher ships before. ]

Thanks Jan. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. It's good to hear from someone who is just back from IE. No longer worrying but looking forward to our Cruise. :D

Hi we too are going on her for the first time in October for our 40th anniversary & hubbies 60th b/day we chose her as it is totaly relaxed (no dressing up) We are not expecting the Ritz, if so we would have chosen a more lavish ship! Some folk expect far more than what they are paying for. Like you we are realy looking forward to cruise & 7days stay in Callor bona another first.

Hope you have a brill time and a lovely ruby wedding anniversary.will look forward to your report when you come back ( if your daughter use a wheelchair i would be gratfull of wheelchair friendly comments) quote]

Thanks bardunc. The 'no dressing up' appealed to us also. As you say - we haven't paid for 5* so won't be expecting 5*! My daughter doesn't generally use a wheelchair but will leave a report when we get back. :)

Mo.

Hi Mot9

Glad you're feeling better about the IE. Don't know about you but some of the best holidays we've had are the one's we weren't certain about. I think because you're expecting very little anything better is a bonus. Have a great time:)

Jan

Archived