Kids with Special needs

wonderdog1

My daughter has CP and requires a walker and has some balance issues, how are the kids programs for kids like her? We will be on the Star March 13th and am wondering if anyone has had experience with this type of need. Thanks M

Cannot answer your specific question. Only suggesting that you also consider posting this question on the Family Cruise Forum .There may be someone on that forum that can also assist you that normally doesn't read the Disabled Forum. Just a thought. Here's the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

We are preparing for our 4th cruise with Princess. I have two daughters that have cerebral palsy, one is confined to a wheelchair (13) and the other (10) has balance issues and cognition problems but is independent. On the three previous cruises the youth program coordinators have been wonderful. We get in contact with the medical person prior to leaving and make sure that they understand the uniqueness of our daughters and that they are willing to contact the ships youth program on our behalf. Each time the kid’s zone has been ready for our girls. Even tho they only spend a couple of hours per day there, they have a wonderful time. I think that if the ship knows beforehand that you are coming they are better prepared for your daughter. Cruising is quite wonderful for the physically challenged.

My daughter has CP and requires a walker and has some balance issues, how are the kids programs for kids like her? We will be on the Star March 13th and am wondering if anyone has had experience with this type of need. Thanks M

Not certain which "STAR" ship you are on. Here's the Special Needs contact information for both Star Princess and Norweigina Star as the previous poster had recommended.

Star Princess : Princess Access office Phone # 661-284-4521

Norweigian Star : Email contact accessdesk@ncl.com

Archived