Southern Caribbean - sweaters required?

Embracedbylife

So i'm starting to pack and I can't remember what I brought with me on our last Caribbean cruise. Obviously shorts, tshirts, dresses, etc. But does it get cold at night on the ship? Should I bring just one sweater or do you think i"ll need a couple? Also, what about an umbrella or rain coat? We leave Jan 28. I'm sure it's gonna be really warm, but inside the ship tends to get cool doesn't it?

We went to Southern Caribbean in Apr., out of San Jaun, and had no need for sweaters. I usually am the cold one.

If it makes you feel better take a shawl or wrap to throw over your shoulders if you get a chill in the MDR or the lounges.

We never go on a cruise without some type of rain gear, wether it be a raincoat, slicker or umbrella. It only takes one cruise where you run into ports with a lot of rain to never forget again. ;) If you don't use it, just leave it in the luggage for the next cruise, so you don't forget.

As for a sweater, the AC can be chilly in some venues in the evening, if you get cold easy, I would suggest you bring at least some type of sweather or wrap.

I always pack a cardigan sweater or two in my luggage, regardless of area we are cruising, and my wife takes a sweater or pashima (sp>).

We find that often the dining rooms and show lounges are cool, if not chilly.

we were in the southern carib. last january and temps were in the low 80's. We had a sweatshirt and windbreaker with us since it was well below freezing when we left home, but I don't think I ever wore them on the ship.

I always take a sweater with me and have used it a few times when the dining room was cool. We have two rain ponchos from the Dollar store that have traveled with us for the last 5 cruises and they will be going with us on our next. Since we've had them they've been our good luck charms for not needing them in any ports. Hoping they keep doing their job for the southern Caribbean! ;):D

Archived